• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Amiibo Costumes do change? :P

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
Let's not see the boy inkling in a school girl outfit you weirdos.
XD Welcome to the internet, brother. If that makes them weirdos, you really don't wanna know what else is out there, lol

I'm ok with the male squid wearing an unaltered school outfit, just cause it'd be funny. But, I imagine that unlike the Samurai, the boy will get a blazer and slacks, so no skirt. As was said before: huge difference in the meaning of each outfit.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Oh that's interesting. I wonder (like everyone else) if the boy can wear the skirt since that would sound to me like a "Clothes" slot item and not a "Shoes" slot item, although Nintendo could set things up so that the skirt is part of the Shoes and thus allowing boy inklings to at least wear a sweet blazer into battle without the skirt.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
As awesome as this would be, I don't think Nintendo's bold enough to do it :/
You can cross dress in Animal Crossing, which is a series directed by the same person who directs Splatoon. So...
Let's not see the boy inkling in a school girl outfit you weirdos.
So you just called a lot of people (cross dressers) weird. You are in luck this place isn't well moderated yet.
Let's play spot the transphobic! I win!
Technically this has nothing to do with transgenderism, although calling cross dressing weird is just as awful as transphobia.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I honestly don't see what the big deal is and I never knew so may people thought the game was going to have gender locked clothing items. Not to mention the style in the game is heavily based on Japanese Street Fashion where men in skirts aren't that out-of-the norm depending on which style. Honestly there are several examples within the top 3 rows.

Its weird how virtual cloth on a virtual squid avatar who can simultaneously change gender whenever you want can make people feel so uncomfortable. If you dislike it you simply don't have to dress your male inkling up as a school girl.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Would certainly like to see the Inkling girl outfit be for the guy as well. One of the guys making this worked on Animal crossing, so I would think they are used to it by now. Especially after a game like Tomadachi also allowing you to do it.

Anyway, it is still at least good to see the samurai outfit is unaffected.

Homer Fanboy

Inkling
NNID
iamagrocerybag
It would be cool if the boy/girl could choose if they wanted slacks/skirt. But I like all these costumes!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Really like the male version but why take away the socks?....

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Welp. Better change the thread title and everything!

I think the male costume is cute, I just wish it wasn't related to the Inkling's gender. Also the little hair clip becomes part of the hair tie that ties the hair together. And the sock change is completely unnecessary. Overall I'm a little upset by this, even though this won't really affect me as I'll be playing as the girl inkling the entire time.

Last edited:

Crusty Ramboseus

Senior Squid
NNID
Ramboseus
You can cross dress in Animal Crossing, which is a series directed by the same person who directs Splatoon. So...

So you just called a lot of people (cross dressers) weird. You are in luck this place isn't well moderated yet.

Technically this has nothing to do with transgenderism, although calling cross dressing weird is just as awful as transphobia.
Cross-dressers ARE weird in my opinion. It's my right to believe that being a citizen of the USA. Sooo yeah, well moderated or not, calling something weird isn't a hate crime last I checked. So hop off.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano

Cross-dressers ARE weird in my opinion. It's my right to believe that being a citizen of the USA. Sooo yeah, well moderated or not, calling something weird isn't a hate crime last I checked. So hop off.
Guys, let's not go down this path ;_;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom