• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Amiibo Costumes do change? :P

Flakk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Magolorthegreat
I kinda wish it was still a skirt on the male one because by accident I made my Mii a girl but still made her like a man lol, would have been a good theme for customisable characters. I still will buy the Amiibo most likely but I'll stick with the female inkling bc i don't really like the boy design.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
not loving the tuxedo stripe on the shorts but I like the sockless look for guys

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Cross-dressers ARE weird in my opinion. It's my right to believe that being a citizen of the USA. Sooo yeah, well moderated or not, calling something weird isn't a hate crime last I checked. So hop off.
just because it's your opinion and we cannot take that away from you does not mean that it's fit to express on a forum about a video game and that it won't hurt some individuals feelings

next time you feel like calling people who want to dress outside their gender's binary, keep that to yourself, i don't want to have to wake up one morning and see people going back and forth calling each other names on a board about a game for all ages and groups of people

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
just because it's your opinion and we cannot take that away from you does not mean that it's fit to express on a forum about a video game and that it won't hurt some individuals feelings

next time you feel like calling people who want to dress outside their gender's binary, keep that to yourself, i don't want to have to wake up one morning and see people going back and forth calling each other names on a board about a game for all ages and groups of people
Yeah, this. You can think it's weird, and we can think you're regressive for thinking that. Citizen of the USA or not, don't cry "i'm entitled to my opinion!" because so are we, and it seems the general opinion is you're unpleasant in how you presented your opinion.

[hr]

The amiibo costumes changing doesn't affect me personally, since it seems the School Uniform is the only one that will change, and I'll be playing as the Girl Inkling anyway. It's a shame they didn't just offer every variation to both genders though, more bang for your buck without making you switch gender.
I can't wait to mix and match outfits in this game, I'm very excited for it! Gonna hop on those amiibo missions as soon as the game arrives.

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Couldn't get the roller pic, but it turns out they're replicas of the regular charger and splattershot, so no worries
Thanks, this confirms it. That's great news. Is it possible to share what video you got this from?

EDIT: Found the video.

Last edited:

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
So, we're not getting a trap boy amiibo then? Oh well, I had thought he'd get a pair of slacks, but I guess shorts make more sense in context of the game.
It would have been cool to put either inkling in either version of the uniform though. Maybe that will happen with DLC?

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I'm surprised they actually bothered to make an alternate model for the boy to wear the school uniform. Versus, you know, keeping that gear gender locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom