Amiibo FAQ:

pnkgoldcatpeach

Inkling
NNID
pinkgoldcatpeach
Do you have any Amiibo? Do you have a lot of questions? Well, here are some answers to those questions.

What Amiibo are compatible with this game?
According to Nintendo, only the following Amiibo are compatible (as of 5/9/15):
They are also read only, so that means no data is saved to the Amiibo.

If you have different Amiibo, they will NOT do anything in this game.

What do the Amiibo unlock?
Each of the Amiibos unlock 20 challenge levels. To play the challenges, you must have completed the corresponding levels in single player campaign (the challenges themselves are levels from single player campaign).

Each different Amiibo has different themed challenges.
The Inkling Squid Amiibo hosts a variety of limited time and limited ink challenges.
The Inkling Girl Amiibo hosts Charger challenges.
The Inkling Boy hosts Roller challenges.

The challenges themselves are 5 sets of 4.
By completing the first set of 4, you unlock the headgear that your Amiibo gives.
By completing the second set of 4, you unlock the body armor your Amiibo gives.
By completing the third set of 4, you unlock the footwear your Amiibo gives.
By completing the fourth set of 4, you unlock the Arcade game your Amiibo gives.
By completing the fifth set of 4, you unlock the weapon your Amiibo gives.

*you have to complete 3 challenges in the same row to unlock the 4th challenge (a boss fight)

What Each Amiibo gives

Inkling Squid Amiibo
This Predator-like outfit along with this Splattershot, also a DJesque Arcade Game (Squid Beatz).
Inkling Girl Amiibo
This schoolkid outfit along with this Charger, also a Volleyball Arcade Game (Squidball).
Inkling Boy Amiibo
This Samurai outfit along with this Roller, also a Racing Arcade Game (Squid Racer).

*the outfits are not gender restricted

Where can I use my Amiibo in game?
Right when you start the game, turn 180 degrees, then look left, the Amiibo station is in the corner.

I am searching for the Inkling Squid Amiibo, where is it?
The Inkling Squid can only be found by purchasing the 3 pack (at least in America). However, the Inkling Girl and the Inkling Boy can be purchased separately.

If you live outside of America, it looks like you can get the Inkling Squid separately from the 3 pack, but it comes with the game itself. As far as I can tell, I think that may be a European only deal.

You didn't answer one of my questions! What should I do?
Simply ask your questions in the thread, and if I can answer them I will edit this post with the answer. However, if there is no answer I will still edit it but say no information is known.

Last edited:

Wil

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wilemina
Nice FAQ, thanks. I'm impressed with the quality of the inkling amiibos. There even have ink in the tanks!

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I've got a question that I was hoping to get answered in the Direct.

What happens if you pick the Boy (or Girl) Inkling and then finish the Amiibo challenges (from the opposite gender Amiibo). What gear do you unlock? Is there a Schoolboy outfit for the male Inkling and a feminine Samurai armor for the female Inkling?

Obviously the answer won't be easy to find, I just thought it'd be a good idea to have that question in there as well

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

What happens if you pick the Boy (or Girl) Inkling and then finish the Amiibo challenges (from the opposite gender Amiibo). What gear do you unlock? Is there a Schoolboy outfit for the male Inkling and a feminine Samurai armor for the female Inkling?

Obviously the answer won't be easy to find, I just thought it'd be a good idea to have that question in there as well
I imagine you get different exclusive gear for each of the amiibos. Can't be too sure.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I wonder if Nintendo will create more Splatoon amiibo? An Octarian type amiibo would be cool, or characters like Callie or Marie that would give you hats that maybe change your hair to look like that? I don't know, I think it would be cool. :P

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables

I think it's unlikely that there are versions of each for both genders, otherwise I think they would have shown them to attract more people to buy the amiibos. According to the game manual, you can change your inkling's gender (and appearance) whenever you want though, so it's not like you'd have to make a new inkling in order to make use of both gender restricted sets.

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
I wonder if Nintendo will create more Splatoon amiibo? An Octarian type amiibo would be cool, or characters like Callie or Marie that would give you hats that maybe change your hair to look like that? I don't know, I think it would be cool. :p
Definitely. I feel like they will release more amiibo, provided Splatoon continues to be a success of course.

Infinity343018 said:
Well I don't actually know for sure, but you probably get the Girl outfit with the Girl amiibo, and the Boy outfit for the Boy amiibo, regardless of the gender you complete the challenges with. Also, I rather doubt there's a school/samurai outfit for both genders, cool as that'd be.

Reactions: Lyn

pnkgoldcatpeach

Inkling
NNID
pinkgoldcatpeach

I like all the answers so far, but we don't know for sure. We'll have to wait and find out.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Actually i have a question that hasn't been directly answered by Nintendo. Although i'm assuming this will be the case, can outfits and gear unlocked through the amiibo be used online?

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I have only just realised how bloody over the top the Squid Amiibo's unlockable gear looks, the Predator of Splatoon much.

Blooper

Inkling
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
Is it known which amiibo will unlock each minigame?

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Actually i have a question that hasn't been directly answered by Nintendo. Although i'm assuming this will be the case, can outfits and gear unlocked through the amiibo be used online?
You can only really use them online. In the singleplayer campaign, you're always wearing the Hero Suit.

Also of note, most of the challenge missions reward you with some of the multiplayer currency.

Kiri

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mallowy
Any chance to get this updated now that the game is out and we know everything about the amiibo content?

WildCardCorsair

Inkling
NNID
WildCardCorsair
I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any correlation between your level and how many slots each piece of armor has? I did the first set of Squid amiibo challenges for that predator head armor and it has 3 total slots for abilities but I've seen some with 4. I was about level 7 when I did that and haven't done any since (I'm currently level 10) but I've been scared to try for more on the off chance I can get 4 slots on the rest of the amiibo armor pieces. Don't suppose anyone knows for sure whether they all have 3 and that guy just added a slot to his via Spyke?

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I have a 3-pack, but I'm not sure if I want to open it yet.

Decisions decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom