• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

An idea for multiplayer modes on splatoon

Mr.HawK

The Artist
1. Training mode that puts you in a map of your choice against octoling cpus with certain difficulties and/or a target range mode that has the same concept as previously stated but just with moving wooden targets.

2. Co-op (online Co-op as well) that puts you and a team in a random map that allows you to face off against hords enemy from the single player campaign, as well as a boss rush

3. tournament mode that they showed off at san diego comicon, i saw in game brackets on their periscope live stream. ;3

4. challenges that you do to unlock achievements that give you unique abilities, clothes, weapons, and sea snails. kinda like the amiibo challenges exept on ranked and normal matches online

5.a new improved turf war that has the same fundamentals but instead of relying on the timer you have to ink a certain percentage of the ground, preferably 60-70% to increase intensity of course :)

6. also implement more amiibo accessibility, cmon nintendo

What modes can you guys think of??????

Platypudding

Full Squid
Went ahead and moved this thread to multiplayer discussion.

I'd love to see some kind of game mode with either more or less players on each team, i think it could make some maps really interesting.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Went ahead and moved this thread to multiplayer discussion.

I'd love to see some kind of game mode with either more or less players on each team, i think it could make some maps really interesting.
Thanks btw! and yeah i think they are doing that in private lobies... I think

BeanYak

Full Squid
NNID
Catman789
2. Co-op (online Co-op as well) that puts you and a team in a random map that allows you to face off against hords enemy from the single player campaign
Holy crap, that sounds awesome. I love horde type gamemodes. It only bothers me that Nintendo has only been using the same multiplayer maps, and I doubt that they would make entirely new maps for a horde mode.

Lupo

Inkling
NNID
LJFletcher
I really want better local multiplayer, which was a negative on my review. I would love it if they had a mode where up to four players would co-operate together on the TV trying to ink as much as possible or certain splat zones, while the player on the GamePad has to try and splat all of them multiple times or has to try and capture the most turf with an overpowered behemoth weapon

JfiveevifJ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Leyrwithe
Holy crap, that sounds awesome. I love horde type gamemodes. It only bothers me that Nintendo has only been using the same multiplayer maps, and I doubt that they would make entirely new maps for a horde mode.
I've had this same thought too. Think about how many mechanics there are in single player mode that could be somehow tweaked or ported to multiplayer?

Sponges? Zip lines? Fountains? Invisible catwalks? Automatons that clean any ink (preferably on the invisible walls)?

Seriously - that could be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom