• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

And It All Came Tumbling Down...

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
How many times has this happened to you?

You get into a game of Turf War and your team starts dominating. All choke points are covered, anyone that even attempts to get by gets splatted immediately. You and your team get splatted yourselves every so often but it makes no difference. You recover your turf and continue the beating... you have this game won... but then.... people on your team start getting splatted repeatedly.

The enemy team starts covering ground. You try to regain it, but get splatted or pushed back. You guys just can't seem to get a hold of the match anymore. You were doing so well though! WHAT HAPPENED!? You and mates knew what they were doing. It's not like anyone was being a derp. The game ends. The screen now shows what should've been your ink in mid, your in their territory. Then Judd unfortunately reveals the results and all you can do is stare at the screen and wonder what went wrong....

I can tell you this, this happens to me a bit too often. XD
How about you? Has this scenario (or something similar) applied recently?

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Once I was beating a team by over 15% and them 2 teammates of mine disconnected and we lost by like 25% LMAO

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Turf War is like tug of war. The tides can shift rapidly over the course of a few seconds if people get splatted. This isn't an abnormal occurrence.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Something similar that I've seen is having a team pushing the enemy back to their spawn, but fail to notice the roller/brush at their base repainting the whole place. Another case would be a team that's constantly harassing the enemy and not letting anyone sneak by their defenses, but once the match is over they still lose because they didn't paint all the corners of their own side, unlike the other team (this one occurs more frequently than you'd think, and somethimes it's a loss of 2-5%)

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
I think it is more infuriating when it's in ranked, in Ranked the bonus for winning is so much larger against the 300 point bonus for winning in turf war. When for me it's the difference of 2000 ish points. That being said, I don'the like losing in general so I do see where this could be infuriating.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I don't mind losing, but I do admit there were times that I thought my team would win until something screws us over. It's a bit annoying, but not all that bad to me.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think it is more infuriating when it's in ranked, in Ranked the bonus for winning is so much larger against the 300 point bonus for winning in turf war. When for me it's the difference of 2000 ish points. That being said, I don'the like losing in general so I do see where this could be infuriating.
I think they made the bonus so large since otherwise you'll be getting about 100 or less points per match. It's basically Splatoon's way of gambling

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
As far as i'm aware, everything can be decided within the last minute. You can hold the lead for 2 minutes but then somehow, someone escapes or splats a gatekeeper and then suddenly it's a jail break.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Or you're desperately trying to push the tower when the guy with the Octobrush knocks out the enemy sniper and suddenly you steal the lead and win in the last 10 seconds because the other team didn't have enough Quick Respawn/Squid Beakons to get close enough to dislodge you.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
In most cases, it's the team getting overconfident and throwing the game pulling off monumentally asinine antics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom