• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Another reconfiguration

Alscor

The Count
Event Organizer
NNID
Andrew040909
Switch Friend Code
SW-0777-5368-3880
This happened around the same time last year, but it appears Urchin is getting redone again, which means it'll be shelved from the rotation for a few days.

What are your thoughts and that?

Glacei

Inkster Jr.
Although I rarely saw Urchin Underpass in the rotation since its last remodel, it is a bit disappointing to see one of the more fun original maps getting redone. My guess is it's about all the splash wall + bubbler area glitches found, so the only things getting changed might just be the telephone poles in the spawn areas. It'll be interesting to see what actually happens though.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
This happened around the same time last year, but it appears Urchin is getting redone again, which means it'll be shelved from the rotation for a few days.

What are your thoughts and that?
That tweet was from last year by the way, unless there is another one, I don't think it is being redone again.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To be honest I still think that Urchin Underpass has some big flaws in it's design compared to other maps, although it's not nearly as bad as the original version. Right now, once the enemy reaches the path connecting the base to the middle it pretty much becomes a stalemate at best and one of the worst spawn camps in the game at worse, but they have to get to that corridor first. Previously all the enemy needed to do was push you off the middle and lob whatever weapons they had over the hill between the base and the middle while pushing/holding the side-path and keeping an eye on the small secondary corridor in front of the base. Guaranteed win right then and there. At least now you can try to keep the enemy at bay before they reach the Hot Gates, and the middle offers an interesting battlefield, but that's about it (we didn't even get to keep the tree by the base :()

Glacei

Inkster Jr.
Wow, that tree was awesome, and I didn't even realize it got removed D:

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
unfortunately people are retweeting old news posts, for some reason? :( somebody probably started it as a cruel joke.

make sure to check the dates !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom