Any advice for my newly made squad?

Reyalin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
xapivox
Hello! I'm a member of a newly formed group called the Elemental Knights. We range from C- to A and strive to help each other improve and hopefully get competitive one day. Most of us are new to squads and competitive splatoon in general, unfortunately we're having trouble with team synergy and callouts, we have taken part in scrims but failed in all of them; but all of the squads that have agreed to scrim with us are already competitive expert gamers and S ranks.

All I ask is, has anyone got any advice on improving as a squad and team synergy in general? Any advice in callouts for squads? advice for squadding in general to get to being competitive would be great. Also, does anyone know any squads that are C- to A+ ranks so we can scrim against people that are more around our own ranks?

Oh and what format do your squads have, any prior planning and discord layouts would be great as well!

Anyway thank you for reading and have a great day. ^u^

Splatvow_

Inkling
NNID
Evilstuff
All I can think of is the basic Booyah/Nice when you die if you don't already.
Use Skype or Discord for others.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm in solo queue far more often than I'm in squads, but generally speaking it's critical that everyone involved knows their role. There's the obvious stuff, rollers should know when to go in for flanks, chargers should know their prime sniping locations and the quickest way to get to them in each stage, and everyone should know when to retreat just as they should know when to get aggressive and close in. In terms of communication without use of Skype or another messenger, "Booyah" generally indicates that someone's been killed/it isn't safe to super jump to their location. "C'mon" I've seen used more broadly, but I think it's most useful in indicating when a player's cleared a path out and believes it's safe to proceed in that direction.

Secondly is really knowing your modes, since there's of course different ideal strategies for each one. Provide heavy protection and support to the Inkling holding down the tower/Rainmaker, never have all your teammates in one spot, cover your bases, never let your guard down, even if the match is almost over. Obviously avoiding splats as much as possible, as well as trade kills, although if the "human shield" method becomes a necessity to seal the deal on a close call, know when it's time to take one for the team...and don't go down without a fight. If you know you're surrounded or an opponent's already spotted your super jump spot, do all you can to leave a parting gift (bomb) or take a least one of them down with you. That being said, if the rest of your team is already dead and it's wiser to relaunch to your spawn point, always take that option when you have the time. Knowing when to take risks is important, but don't be a hero. One Inkling will almost always lose if there are multiple foes closing in...unless, of course, you've got your Special readied. But whenever possible, never waste your Specials. Hold onto them for key moments.

From what I've seen, the best teams often have 1 sniper (charger / Splatling), 1 rushdown flanker (roller/inkbrushes/Tentatek), 1 heavy pressure (blasters, Aerospray, Splash-o-Matic) and 1 supporter that's hard-hitting/has solid sub-weapons (sloshers, Gal series, Dynamo). I feel like this mix gives you a good combination of speed, stealth, attack power and defensive capabilities. But of course every team is different. Hope some of this helps. :)

Last edited:

InkJo

Inkling
You should play together regularly, and use discord and or skype.
The clan should have a fun dynamic, and connection, i suggest a group chat.
So you can get to know each other.
When you face another clan, make sure, you have different classes. One Sniper, one Roller ect.
Use call outs, if using discord or skype..
If possible have at least 2 high ranking members to support low ranking members.
If you are all C or B, going against people who are A and S, you are gonna have a hard time.
So make sure you have at least 2 high ranking members, in a squad when facing a clan, if not all of them.
That's all i can think off for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom