• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any info on whether or not we will be able to play ranked with friends?

Invis

Inkling
NNID
InvincibleForce
Has there been any information released yet on a "Party System" for ranked, or even multiplayer in general? This game seems like it is built for it, but I have not heard any information yet about it being confirmed.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
The only thing that I've heard is that some sort of party functionality is confirmed. Other details are yet to be given
You can see it by yourself from Pro Jared's Splatoon interview at 10:20

Invis

Inkling
NNID
InvincibleForce
The only thing that I've heard is that some sort of party functionality is confirmed. Other details are yet to be given
You can see it by yourself from Pro Jared's Splatoon interview at 10:20
That rep was super ambiguous about it, but he at least did confirm that we will be able to play with friends online in some capacity. Just gotta hope that this applies to ranked as well now!

I think I heard from Etika that we won't be getting party lobbies iirc.
Just finished watching the video, and I believe he was talking about private match lobbies and not actual matchmaking search parties. All the information he was referencing came from that article he read, and nothing in the article said anything about public matchmaking.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
That rep was super ambiguous about it, but he at least did confirm that we will be able to play with friends online in some capacity. Just gotta hope that this applies to ranked as well now!
Yes, he was. But I can kinda understand that they dont want to give any sort of false impression of the features and that's why they usually speak very carefully. Especially if the party funcitonality was still under developement, it would be really risky to promise stuff that is still a changing matter. But hopefully there will be more information soon, because the game itself cant be far from being finished. It's just about 1 month to go and we need information! D:

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I would hope Nintendo lets us form parties with friends for Ranked Battles. It would make gaining ranks and playing all the more fun

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's likely we will be able to, although I'm not sure if it's confirmed for rank I doubt they wouldn't have that functionality.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I really hope we find this out May 7th.
And if we could connect 8 players w/o wifi (LAN) but unfortunately its too specific for them to answer that one

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
you can! this august you can play with friends in private lobbies, as well, since that feature will have to be patched in.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
we won''t be able do anything with friends until august due to nintendo releasing a half finished game.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I really hope that you can do this. It would make sense for them to do this, however... this is Nintendo we are talking about and we never know what can happen.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I really hope that you can do this. It would make sense for them to do this, however... this is Nintendo we are talking about and we never know what can happen.
didn't you see the Splatoon direct? It's happening, but it'll be in August when the patch in the more advanced party system.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Joining ranked with Friends is a bit unfair. Let's hope you can only play with randoms in ranked mode

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
People who join a ranked battle together are able to communicate via skype or teamspeak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom