Any Slavic language speakers out here?

Tinybitt

Full Squid
I feel like in CIS countries people barely even know the word Nintendo. Maybe recently with the release of the Switch and only then, they probably only know Mario or Zelda. I certainly know that it's the situation with my friends. So I'm just curious if there are any Russian/Ukrainian/Belorussian speakers here. Throughout my time playing splat, I only saw like 2 nicknames in Russian.

So if you're out there, feel free to respond

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean technically I count? My parents were both russian and ukrainian, so I used to speak russian when I was younger. I'm not too connected to the culture anymore though.

But it's true that I don't see many slavic fans. Though fun fact, I actually met two russian players that reached out to me on discord after we played together in-game, but they had japanese igns, so I basically went "wait... but aren't they japanese????" And I was so surprised lmao. They're pretty cool

Tinybitt

Full Squid
I mean technically I count? My parents were both russian and ukrainian, so I used to speak russian when I was younger. I'm not too connected to the culture anymore though.

But it's true that I don't see many slavic fans. Though fun fact, I actually met two russian players that reached out to me on discord after we played together in-game, but they had japanese igns, so I basically went "wait... but aren't they japanese????" And I was so surprised lmao. They're pretty cool
Ahhh nice! Before coming to the US, I only knew Mario on the NES lol (Not even an actual NES. It was a bootleg famicom sold under a different name and even then it was in the 90s). Nintendo was a good discovery. Can you read/speak/write Russian or Ukrainian?

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Ahhh nice! Before coming to the US, I only knew Mario on the NES lol (Not even an actual NES. It was a bootleg famicom sold under a different name and even then it was in the 90s). Nintendo was a good discovery. Can you read/speak/write Russian or Ukrainian?
Oh that's kind of fun, I only have very vague memories of my mother buying me a bootleg megadrive when I was super young and playing some cursed version of """"sonic"""" that barely worked haha.

I can still kind of speak, read and write russian but I'm extremely rusty, so I'm pretty sure I have the level of a 7 year old, hah.

Were you born in Russia? Or in eastern europe in general? That's a very specific thread topic 👀

Tinybitt

Full Squid
Oh that's kind of fun, I only have very vague memories of my mother buying me a bootleg megadrive when I was super young and playing some cursed version of """"sonic"""" that barely worked haha.

I can still kind of speak, read and write russian but I'm extremely rusty, so I'm pretty sure I have the level of a 7 year old, hah.

Were you born in Russia? Or in eastern europe in general? That's a very specific thread topic 👀
Yeah, I was born in Ukraine and lived there with my parents for half of my life before moving to the US. I speak more Russian though just because it’s the language my family speaks.

It is a pretty specific thread lol. It’s just… when I would show splat to any of my Ukrainian friends or try to explain what the game is, they would look at me like I’m crazy, also partly because none of them grew up or know what patterns Nintendo games follow.

I also saw a couple of influencers play the game but it was more or less a one time occurrence. So I was kinda wondering if there are any more or less active people in the community that speak Russian, and I guess I found one :>

Приятно познакомиться! Думал что никогда не найду людей понимающих Русский :>

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, I was born in Ukraine and lived there with my parents for half of my life before moving to the US. I speak more Russian though just because it’s the language my family speaks.

It is a pretty specific thread lol. It’s just… when I would show splat to any of my Ukrainian friends or try to explain what the game is, they would look at me like I’m crazy, also partly because none of them grew up or know what patterns Nintendo games follow.

I also saw a couple of influencers play the game but it was more or less a one time occurrence. So I was kinda wondering if there are any more or less active people in the community that speak Russian, and I guess I found one :>

Приятно познакомиться! Думал что никогда не найду людей понимающих Русский :>
Некогда скажи некогда! Мы сдесь... толко два, ну это не некого.
Да, я не так хорощо говорю по русский, я всё забыл, ха.

Phew I can't go for much longer, I'm so rusty. I hope the recent crisis in Ukraine wasn't too difficult for you, I know that can be a tough topic among some families. Though it's definitely been disheartening to watch, that's for sure...

Tinybitt

Full Squid
Некогда скажи некогда! Мы сдесь... толко два, ну это не некого.
Да, я не так хорощо говорю по русский, я всё забыл, ха.

Phew I can't go for much longer, I'm so rusty. I hope the recent crisis in Ukraine wasn't too difficult for you, I know that can be a tough topic among some families. Though it's definitely been disheartening to watch, that's for sure...
Awwww!!! Never say never is definitely true! :>

Yeah, it definitely is a tragedy. Thankfully, my friends and family live in Kyiv which has good Anti Air and other alert systems, although I can’t say the same for other cities…

Anyway, can I gush a bit about the Russian localisation for splat 3? lol

The E-Liter 4K is translated as E-Liter 95 since the weapon is resembling a petrol pump and 95 is an octane number for the fuel (the numbers you see on the pump itself) and it’s so damn cool I just can’t. Also combines my favourite thing with my other major hobby. It’s too good!

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Anyway, can I gush a bit about the Russian localisation for splat 3? lol

The E-Liter 4K is translated as E-Liter 95 since the weapon is resembling a petrol pump and 95 is an octane number for the fuel (the numbers you see on the pump itself) and it’s so damn cool I just can’t. Also combines my favourite thing with my other major hobby. It’s too good!
Playing splatoon in russian sounds like a nightmare to me with all those goddamn marine puns! But wow that's actually a pretty sick detail, though idk why it's called e-liter 4K in english.
Also this game sounds like a nightmare to localize haha

object61

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7533-8436-1412
There are those who speak russian and play splat, yes. The problem is, they live in russia, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom