Any suggestions for audio issues?

Re4gNarsil

Inkling
NNID
Narsill
Hey, I recently had to buy a new TV when my old one died, and was surprised to find that while most of my games sound amazing on it, and the music in Splatoon sounds wonderful, the sounds for game effects like shooting and swimming are practically non-existent; funny thing is if my inklings back is against a wall (literally) everything comes through perfectly. I tried adjusting nearly every different feature my audio settings have with no success; does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions I could try, or is it simply a limitation of the TV that cannot be changed? I would have thought it was simply an in-game thing that needed to be changed, except Splatoon has no audio menu and it's fine for everyone else.

oval

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Weatie
Switch Friend Code
SW-0864-5796-0493
You can plug headphones into the gamepad and it'll give you 'surround sound'. I use it when my girlfriend is sleeping over so I don't wake her up and it works perfectly. Plus, I can hear people coming up around me with them too, I would recommend it.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Wait, the line-out jack on the gamepad takes ALL the audio and pipes it to you for this game? That's actually pretty cool!

TheRamosOnline

Inkling
NNID
TheRamosOnline
Ah, this problem is caused by your Wii U having it's sound set to Surround.
Set it to Stereo (or Mono) and this should fix the problem, you can do that in your System Settings > TV > TV Sound Output Type.

Hopefully, this will fix your problem.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Set it to Stereo (or Mono) and this should fix the problem, you can do that in your System Settings > TV > TV Sound Output Type.

This, pretty much. I know when I changed TVs the new one didn't have an actual Surround setup, so some sounds from my TV went missing when I tested it out. Switching back to Stereo solved the issue.

Re4gNarsil

Inkling
NNID
Narsill

Great, thanks for the advice! Just in case anyone else runs into this I'd like to clarify I did try both the TV and Wii U (which was set to surround sound for whatever reason lol) on Surround and it didn't work, but by setting both to stereo it works like a charm.

And to the person who suggested headphones, those weren't working properly before setting the Wii U to stereo either - at least for me. I do like headphones sometimes, but sometimes I just like the TV especially when friends come over. Thanks again to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom