• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any tips for using Ultra Stamp?

FlipperFlopper

Inkling
I've been playing wiper since the game came out but recently I've been having a ton of trouble with getting any usage from my ultra stamps. A lot of the time when I use it, I end up dying immediately. Idk if it's cause people have just learnt how to counter it, or I'm just doing something wrong now. Anyone got any tips on how to get the most usage out of it?

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
It's nice to activate it and jump swing after sharking for a bit because the hitbox is so big and it comes out so fast. Also, try not to rush people down if they're using a shooter, and try to stay out of the field of vision of splatlings and chargers in particular. Those can and will still be able to kill you whether you're chasing them down or chasing someone else down and didn't notice them.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
weaknesses:
fast firing weapons, long range weapons that have an angle on you, people waiting for you turn a corner, predictable in rush mode

some shooters and especially splatlings can just shoot through your rush mode, even if you are facing directly towards them. weapons that have an angle on you and are far enough away to not get hit by the hammer can also fairly easily splat you. if you turn a corner in rush mode, the slow turning speed will allow a weapon with a somewhat good time to kill to have an opportunity to splat you as you turn the corner. also, if you use the rush mode from too far away, every single enemy player will see it and easily avoid you or just splat you before you get anything done.

remember that you can swim with hammer active! this allows you to be far less noticeable, making it more difficult to predict what you are doing with the hammer or that you even have it active at all. this combined with the fast jump swing can catch the enemy team by surprise and get you much more value out of the special. the jump swing does activate the rush mode slower though, so only use it if you are close enough for it to actually hit someone. swimming with the hammer also allows you to exit rush mode to avoid longer range weapons or more easily fight the faster shorter range ones, because it is less predictable. that is a lot harder to do now that the duration got nerfed a while back from 9 -> 7.5 seconds.

strengths:
very fast damage to objects, can move or just entirely wipe enemy players, very good against slower weapons, long range one shot, giant hitbox, can eat bombs and block explosions

ultra stamp deals a ton of damage and quick so using it against objects like bubble, crab tanks, wave breakers (just remember to jump), an enemy with booyah bomb armor, and even the rainmaker shield. remember with the rainmaker shield to jump while in rush mode on it so that you don't take too much damage from the shield. and against crab tank, if you use hammer from too far away we run into the same issue as before with splatlings because the crab will have time to increase its firing speed and splat you while you approach. if you use ultra stamp at a good moment, it can move or entirely splat half of or even the entire enemy team. coming at them at an unexpected angle, or just incredibly quickly before you pop the special, they will be taken off guard and will need to quickly adapt. if a charger or splatling has no charge when you approach, or the enemy player doesn't expect you, the only thing they can do is run away or get stamped. it is especially difficult to run away from your rush mode if the enemy has a slow painting weapon or doesn't have a lot of paint around them, or both. if you can get behind enemy lines you can actually chase them into your ink or even your teammates. and if you don't get anyone with the rush mode or even the jump swing, you can actually throw the hammer at people, the same way you throw a sub weapon. this is good for getting someone who did successfully run away or dealing with the enemy backline. this does end your special, but you can still use it right before the special timer runs out which means you can use the special normally and finish it with the hammer throw. and finally, bombs will not be affective against you if you hit them with the hammer, which is especially easy to do. you can also block 1 shot fires pretty easily, like explosions. i have hammered straight through a reefslider explosion before and the entire enemy team was so shocked that we team wiped them.

final notes:
i know this is a lot but i wanted to provide as much as i could to help you out with using the special. now with (hopefully, if this all is actually helpful) better idea of what this special is good at and what can easily knock it down, you can go into games and learn how to use it more effectively. i would recommend going into your games with the specific goal to make your ultra stamp usages get their value, instead of worrying about winning or losing the game. when you are trying to win, you have a lot of things in the game to think about, but if you focus specifically on using the special you will have a lot easier of a time learning how to use it.

hopefully this was helpful, but if you do still have specific things to ask about what i have said i am fine with answering, i might have even forgotten some things that would be useful to know.

FlipperFlopper

Inkling
weaknesses:
fast firing weapons, long range weapons that have an angle on you, people waiting for you turn a corner, predictable in rush mode

some shooters and especially splatlings can just shoot through your rush mode, even if you are facing directly towards them. weapons that have an angle on you and are far enough away to not get hit by the hammer can also fairly easily splat you. if you turn a corner in rush mode, the slow turning speed will allow a weapon with a somewhat good time to kill to have an opportunity to splat you as you turn the corner. also, if you use the rush mode from too far away, every single enemy player will see it and easily avoid you or just splat you before you get anything done.

remember that you can swim with hammer active! this allows you to be far less noticeable, making it more difficult to predict what you are doing with the hammer or that you even have it active at all. this combined with the fast jump swing can catch the enemy team by surprise and get you much more value out of the special. the jump swing does activate the rush mode slower though, so only use it if you are close enough for it to actually hit someone. swimming with the hammer also allows you to exit rush mode to avoid longer range weapons or more easily fight the faster shorter range ones, because it is less predictable. that is a lot harder to do now that the duration got nerfed a while back from 9 -> 7.5 seconds.

strengths:
very fast damage to objects, can move or just entirely wipe enemy players, very good against slower weapons, long range one shot, giant hitbox, can eat bombs and block explosions

ultra stamp deals a ton of damage and quick so using it against objects like bubble, crab tanks, wave breakers (just remember to jump), an enemy with booyah bomb armor, and even the rainmaker shield. remember with the rainmaker shield to jump while in rush mode on it so that you don't take too much damage from the shield. and against crab tank, if you use hammer from too far away we run into the same issue as before with splatlings because the crab will have time to increase its firing speed and splat you while you approach. if you use ultra stamp at a good moment, it can move or entirely splat half of or even the entire enemy team. coming at them at an unexpected angle, or just incredibly quickly before you pop the special, they will be taken off guard and will need to quickly adapt. if a charger or splatling has no charge when you approach, or the enemy player doesn't expect you, the only thing they can do is run away or get stamped. it is especially difficult to run away from your rush mode if the enemy has a slow painting weapon or doesn't have a lot of paint around them, or both. if you can get behind enemy lines you can actually chase them into your ink or even your teammates. and if you don't get anyone with the rush mode or even the jump swing, you can actually throw the hammer at people, the same way you throw a sub weapon. this is good for getting someone who did successfully run away or dealing with the enemy backline. this does end your special, but you can still use it right before the special timer runs out which means you can use the special normally and finish it with the hammer throw. and finally, bombs will not be affective against you if you hit them with the hammer, which is especially easy to do. you can also block 1 shot fires pretty easily, like explosions. i have hammered straight through a reefslider explosion before and the entire enemy team was so shocked that we team wiped them.

final notes:
i know this is a lot but i wanted to provide as much as i could to help you out with using the special. now with (hopefully, if this all is actually helpful) better idea of what this special is good at and what can easily knock it down, you can go into games and learn how to use it more effectively. i would recommend going into your games with the specific goal to make your ultra stamp usages get their value, instead of worrying about winning or losing the game. when you are trying to win, you have a lot of things in the game to think about, but if you focus specifically on using the special you will have a lot easier of a time learning how to use it.

hopefully this was helpful, but if you do still have specific things to ask about what i have said i am fine with answering, i might have even forgotten some things that would be useful to know.
Yoooo this is all extremely helpful! Cheers for the tips and advice! 😄

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
Yoooo this is all extremely helpful! Cheers for the tips and advice! 😄
yeah it’s no problem
what else am i supposed to with my knowledge on the game, not try and help people?
my writing can be just completely incoherent sometimes so if this was actually understandable that’s pretty cool

Tam_4

Inkling
I've been playing wiper since the game came out but recently I've been having a ton of trouble with getting any usage from my ultra stamps. A lot of the time when I use it, I end up dying immediately. Idk if it's cause people have just learnt how to counter it, or I'm just doing something wrong now. Anyone got any tips on how to get the most usage out of it?
Ok so I know people before me have written entire books and I’m gonna say basically the same thing. The swiper isn’t a weapon that sharks a lot, a different stamper weapon like sploosh is better for that due to the kill time, but once you have you hammer, look at the map, assess the situation, sit in the ink and then when the other team is trying to make a push, disrupt it with the stamp. Also if you’re team or the other teams Has to get through a choke point, (the unpaintable foil section in marlin comes readily to mind) or something that has tight quarters and little escape routes, pop special and be annoying. Also if there is a splatling or charger and you don’t know where they are, just wait for them to go down. Or yeet it towards them that also works.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
Ok so I know people before me have written entire books and I’m gonna say basically the same thing. The swiper isn’t a weapon that sharks a lot, a different stamper weapon like sploosh is better for that due to the kill time, but once you have you hammer, look at the map, assess the situation, sit in the ink and then when the other team is trying to make a push, disrupt it with the stamp. Also if you’re team or the other teams Has to get through a choke point, (the unpaintable foil section in marlin comes readily to mind) or something that has tight quarters and little escape routes, pop special and be annoying. Also if there is a splatling or charger and you don’t know where they are, just wait for them to go down. Or yeet it towards them that also works.
yeah sorry about that
what you said still has its own value though
also wiper is a weapon that can do a lot of things and it is actually a decently strong sharker, but it mainly uses it’s speed and range to win fights. plus you could be sharking to use the ultra stamp
wiper paints and moves so fast that you can typically rush in before you pop hammer if the opportunity presents itself, so i get what you mean a little bit, but there are cases where you can shark to pop hammer and in some cases you will need to
and sploosh sure it does have a fast kill time but that doesn’t affect it’s use of stamp that much, even though it makes sploosh a good sharker. but again, the point of sharking in the scenario of using hammer would be to shark to use hammer. actually the fact that sploosh can paint around itself very quickly affects it a lot more, since it can set up a lot of ink to hide in to surprise enemies with the stamp when they approach

dear god am i becoming sheldon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom