• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anybody else play Magic the Gathering?

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Anybody else play magic here? I know of some magic players in the Splat community but there doesn't seem to be many.

I've been playing Magic since the end of 2018. My favorite color is green and I like Sultai. I play a lot of commander and cEDH. I also dabble in 60-card and my friends and I printed out a vintage power cube. I sometimes go to Magic events too (and I must say it's nice not having people recognize me lol).

Any other Magic nerds out there, let's hear what you play.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I don't as much nowadays but my LGS scene to my knowledge is still booming with regular drafts and EDH on mondays & thursdays. Every other format though...? Eh

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I don't as much nowadays but my LGS scene to my knowledge is still booming with regular drafts and EDH on mondays & thursdays. Every other format though...? Eh
Modern and Pioneer players live near me but our LGS doesn't have the scene to support them. Just EDH and prerelease at my LGS too, it's kinda sad. That being said I have a lot of fun there.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I used to collect the cards and make decks when I was younger, but never could find people in my school to play with, so I dropped the hobby
That was me with Yugioh personally

I'd say I'm a tcg buff in general, I spent wayyy too much money in highschool building decks for tcgs with 0 players in my entire city sometimes just cause I liked them that much(Buddyfight/Vanguaed/Battle Spirits comes to mind)

Kjado

Inkling
Off and on, currently only doing some casual Pioneer on Friday nights but used to be more active/competitive. Started in '94/'95 around Fallen Empires, then got rid of what I had and eventually bought back in a handful of times over the years.

Waiting to see what happens with Lorcana later this year once organized play starts to take off, as well.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Off and on, currently only doing some casual Pioneer on Friday nights but used to be more active/competitive. Started in '94/'95 around Fallen Empires, then got rid of what I had and eventually bought back in a handful of times over the years.

Waiting to see what happens with Lorcana later this year once organized play starts to take off, as well.
I've been enjoying Lorcana, although I got a little burned out from my store's league and took a break. It was a little too grindy for my tastes.

I liked Pioneer when it was "relive your favorite standard decks".format, but dislike it now that it's become baby modern with a strict meta.

Kjado

Inkling
I've been enjoying Lorcana, although I got a little burned out from my store's league and took a break. It was a little too grindy for my tastes.
I'm hoping the grindy nature of it is just a by-product of a small card pool, though it doesn't help that some of the best decks so far have been control.

I liked Pioneer when it was "relive your favorite standard decks".format, but dislike it now that it's become baby modern with a strict meta.
Agree, but I feel like every eternal format eventually ends up at that point (bring back Extended!). I usually play off-meta stuff: izzet ensoul was my pet deck early on when Pioneer was first announced, and I've been running it some lately with new additions from recent sets.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I'm hoping the grindy nature of it is just a by-product of a small card pool, though it doesn't help that some of the best decks so far have been control.

Agree, but I feel like every eternal format eventually ends up at that point (bring back Extended!). I usually play off-meta stuff: izzet ensoul was my pet deck early on when Pioneer was first announced, and I've been running it some lately with new additions from recent sets.
Honestly it was more of how the store league is structured. You just need to play a certain amount of games each week for a month to qualify for a tournament, but since there was no real penalty for losses you were incentivized to make all-in aggro decks and just turn stuff sideways repeatedly to qualify.

It didn't help that I happened to schedule a cEDH tournament the same day as the first Lorcana league tournament, so I did all that grinding for nothing since I had to TO something else. It kinda killed my motivation.

Chipolte

Full Squid
NNID
Chipolte224
5 Color Dragons player in edh and Izzet Phoenix or some other Izzet deck in 60 card formats reporting in.
Arclight my beloved
slc-2018-arclight-phoenix.jpg

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
Never played but seems neat. I will say tho whenever I see MTG on my Twitter feed it’s always because of you XD

EnigmaZV

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3546-2843-0897
I've played on and off since Beta, MtG is a fun game, but so expensive
I, too, have been playing Lorcana, and it's a really great system. I'm looking forward to what locations will bring.

Kahlium

Inkling
I started playing again during the pandemic since some friends got into it. We only play commander though, and I have to borrow a friend’s deck to play since I gave all my cards away. My favorite is their Ur-Dragon deck :)

Chipolte

Full Squid
NNID
Chipolte224
I started playing again during the pandemic since some friends got into it. We only play commander though, and I have to borrow a friend’s deck to play since I gave all my cards away. My favorite is their Ur-Dragon deck :)
Ur-Dragon my beloved
Also shoutouts to hitzel for the proxy abu duals

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom