• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anybody else seem to have extra connection issues today?

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
I've got good enough internet (ethernet adaptor for wii U and 15 down/ 2 up) and had some disconnects today as well as a ton of teammate disconnects- I ended up in multiple 2v2 and 3v2s, and this was after going in and out of different lobbies.

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
I've got good enough internet (ethernet adaptor for wii U and 15 down/ 2 up) and had some disconnects today as well as a ton of teammate disconnects- I ended up in multiple 2v2 and 3v2s, and this was after going in and out of different lobbies.
Been having connection issues since last Splatfest. Is the Ethernet adaptor a worthy investment?

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
Been having connection issues since last Splatfest. Is the Ethernet adaptor a worthy investment?
I live in the boondocks of Maine where internet isn't exactly great, so you may not need it if you have good internet. But I have had significantly, noticably fewer connection issues and lag issues with the ethernet adaptor. And it's cheap!

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
I live in the boondocks of Maine where internet isn't exactly great, so you may not need it if you have good internet. But I have had significantly, noticably fewer connection issues and lag issues with the ethernet adaptor. And it's cheap!
I'll have to look into it, thanks : )

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
definitely. i have very good internet [usually 50 down/20 up and ping between 1 and 10] and very rarely experience lag, and then it's just a specific lobby. but this weekend was terrible, to the point where i lost a tower control match due to it [i was on the tower but it didn't register me as on so it went backwards] and in another match, a carbon roller managed to splat me while i was a kraken. even in private lobbies last night, we were getting disconnected constantly. maybe they're just fiddling with stuff before the update, but i hope it sorts itself out soon.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yeppers. Been having heavy lag annoyances since Saturday. Hopefully it will get better after tomorrow's server maintenance.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i've been having connection issues i never used to have before the past few days. including a bug that i only experienced at launch (where my wii u just flat out disconnects in a battle, and i have to restart the entire thing for it to realize it's connected to anything).

on computer + ethernet i get 150mbps down, 10mbps up and 8-10 ping (can't test on wii u cause it wont let me oops), so something's definitely up :c

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
Really glad it's not just me then. Hope they fix it soon.

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
*sigh* it actually got worse with the update. I've been playing all night, and I haven't had a single match where at least 2 people get DC'd.

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
I wanted to play ranked tonight [my charger account is soooo close to S finally] but couldn't even make it through turf wars so i didn't want to risk it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I heard today was really bad, I can kinda confirm. Had two DC matches in a row. My friends also said they got lots of DCs today too. So it must be on Nintendo's end. It will probably be fixed very soon.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I've been okay but I've had teammates and opponents disconnecting every few matches.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
I've had 10 disconnects in the last hour.
It usually happens once a week so this is a lot.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
That's kind of the reason I stopped playing. I usually disconnect maybe once a week or every two weeks. I got disconnected once, but that match, two of my other teammates had disconnected at the start, then about a minute and a half in, it decided to boot me for some reason. As I continued playing, I'd always have an odd match whether it be 3v4, 2v4, 3v3, or vice versa. But it was hard to get a match with a straight 8 people, so I quit.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Until today, I hadn't noticed it being particularly bad, but I'm now losing as many rank points from disconnecting as I am from actually being defeated in battle. I wonder about the effect of disconnects on the equilibrium of ranks - just one total connection error (with the room disappearing) causes a leakage of 40 points from S rank or around 80 points from any lower ones. I'd rather have the skill equilibrium move down than up, though.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So, I'm getting a lot of lag today and now a couple of DC's. Anyone else having this problem, or is it my bad internet here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom