Anyone actually like Burst Bombs?

SpotterX4

Inkling
NNID
SpotterX4
Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few people that actually like Burst Bombs as a sub weapon. With certain weapons they're a great way to get that extra damage you need for the KO. I think a lot of people assume Burst Bombs are supposed to be used for Turf Coverage, and while the Burst Bomb Rush certainly is capable of that to an extent, the bombs are much better used for racking on 25-50% damage before shooting the enemy down down quickly. that's actually why I prefer the custom jet squelcher to its counterpart and why the carbon roller is my favorite roller.

What are everyone's thoughts? and which burst bomb-using weapons do you like using?

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
I like them too! However, I like other things, such as sprinklers, better, so I rarely use them.
They are great with the Eliter 3k as reliable short-range damage.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
They're really good at cutting off your opponent before they do and if you're really strategic you can straight up stop someone as they're landing.

SpotterX4

Inkling
NNID
SpotterX4
I like them too! However, I like other things, such as sprinklers, better, so I rarely use them.
They are great with the Eliter 3k as reliable short-range damage.
definitely agree with the e-liter; burst bombs are great for reducing how much charge you need for the killing shot.

I also agree that burst bombs aren't the *best* sub weapon but one that shouldn't be overlooked. I also don't want people to discredit certain weapon loadouts just cause bursts is the subweapon; makes me feel the burst, along with the point sensor are the most misunderstood subweapon (though I personally still struggle using the point sensor).

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
definitely agree with the e-liter; burst bombs are great for reducing how much charge you need for the killing shot.

I also agree that burst bombs aren't the *best* sub weapon but one that shouldn't be overlooked. I also don't want people to discredit certain weapon loadouts just cause bursts is the subweapon; makes me feel the burst, along with the point sensor are the most misunderstood subweapon (though I personally still struggle using the point sensor).
Point sensor is one of my favourite! I rock the squiffer and just spam it because it only costs like 40% ink or something ridiculously cheap.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
I personally think burst bombs are really useful for chargers and rollers since it can easily cover walls to climb on for them.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
They're great but they need Damage Up to make them comparable to the other two kinds of bombs.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Aw, i was planning to make a burst bomb-loving topic

Dear Burst Bombs,

Thank you for allowing me to quickly go up walls, unlike other rollers.

Sincerely,
The Carbon Roller

Dear Burst Bombs,

Thank you for giving me a dangerous poke that extends beyond the reach of my gun and allows me to take down snipers from their perch, and win almost any 1-on-1 fight by weakening my opponents first from a distance and then securing the kill in a single hit.

Love,
The Splattershot

SpotterX4

Inkling
NNID
SpotterX4
They're great but they need Damage Up to make them comparable to the other two kinds of bombs.
haha I've never thought of how the skills affect burst bombs usefulness. I oughta give that a try when I get the chance. and I wonder if getting the sub-ink saver skill is any help too. one full tank = 4 bombs, so I wonder if it's possible to get close to 5 with that skill.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
haha I've never thought of how the skills affect burst bombs usefulness. I oughta give that a try when I get the chance. and I wonder if getting the sub-ink saver skill is any help too. one full tank = 4 bombs, so I wonder if it's possible to get close to 5 with that skill.
Oh yeah dude, definitely get yourself some Ink Saver subs. Considering I use the Jr. and use Splat Bombs alot, I gave myself gear that has about a 31% reduction in ink through Ink Saver, which almost allows me to use two Splat Bombs. If only I had one more main I could probably do that xD

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I really like Burst Bombs! Hey, my two mains are the ELiter-3K and the Carbon Roller, both of which have them. Although, depending on how good Seeker Rush is, I may switch to the Carbon Roller Deco when it comes, but even so, I would still have at least one main with them! I really like how good they are for coverage, how vulnerable they make your opponent (akin to a Disruptor that doesn't use as much ink but has less technical effect), and how they take up less ink (inluding the Burst Bomb Rush having a long time limit compared to the other rushes).

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
Burst bombs can seriously cut the time to kill on weak weapons. The Jet Squelcher ends up killing in one burst bomb and one shot with just a little bit of damage up.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I decided to try experimenting with Damage Up, Ink Saver Sub, and Bomb Range Up, and:

even with 3 mains, Damage Up never reduces the amount of burst bombs it takes to kill (2 if you directly hit the target, 3 if you hit really close, then 4, 5 depending on how well you aim them)

Even with 3 Ink Saver Sub mains, you'll never have more than 4 burst bombs to throw at once. You ALMOST have a 5th, but you need to dive in the ink and recharge for a split second.

3 main Bomb Range Ups also seemed to have a barely noticeable effect

I don't think any of these abilities are really ideal for burst bombs tbh. Everyone is saying that Damage Ups are really good, but I'm not so sure.. I guess it would depend on your main weapon? Burst Bombs do 60 damage each (with a spot-on hit), and you can get it up to 69 with 3 damage ups. If your weapon did, say, 16 damage per shot, then 60 + 16 + 16 = 92, so you'd need 1 burst bomb and 3 shots. But if your burst bombs did anywhere above 67 damage, then that would lower it down to 2 shots. So I think it's really weapon-dependent

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
I decided to try experimenting with Damage Up, Ink Saver Sub, and Bomb Range Up, and:

even with 3 mains, Damage Up never reduces the amount of burst bombs it takes to kill (2 if you directly hit the target, 3 if you hit really close, then 4, 5 depending on how well you aim them)
You're supposed to mix between bombs and shots to ruin the damage cap nonsense. It's very weapon dependent like you said, but it's good on weapons that struggle at close range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom