• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone Else "Challenging" Themselves with Ranked?

Kelkador

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pushinator
My personal goal is to get to at least A- only using the Dynamo Roller. What's your personal challenge?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Nah, too frustrating. You have one bad teammate and basically nothing you can do about it except lose or hope the other team does too.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
If challenging yourself means to use a weapon you don't know how to use, I wouldn't recommend doing that. You got to help your team the best way possible.

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
Nah, too frustrating. You have one bad teammate and basically nothing you can do about it except lose or hope the other team does too.
While this is certainly frustrating....

If there is only 1 bad player in the group of 8, then you have a much better % chance of that "bad player" being on the opposing team.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
My challenge is to get S rank in splat zones without using voice chat ;)

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
I wouldn't call 12.5% much.
It would be 14.4% :$ you did 3/8 but it should be 3/7 cause you can't count yourself. But i agree with you, it's not really great odds. 42.8% chance you get stuck with the 1 bad guy.

Kelkador

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pushinator
If challenging yourself means to use a weapon you don't know how to use, I wouldn't recommend doing that. You got to help your team the best way possible.
But I know how to use the Dynamo Roller. :[

Alexandoop

Inkling
NNID
TheUltraDeino
Getting passed C- is my personal goal, which is gonna be hell without being able to communicate with my team

Soul Train

Full Squid
NNID
JSXian
This game has made me rage harder than anything. When I use the Scoped Charger, go 10-0, get 1000 points, and STILL lose, I'm freaking yelling hardcore at my team.

Really, it's healthy. I swear.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
This absolutely. It's not even that the game type isn't even fun or anything, but good God some randoms just can't put two and two together. It's not even about being particularly good at the game - if we get stomped, that's one thing - but I always feel like at least 1/3rd of my matches involves me raging about how my team literally runs into sniper fire, refuses to push out of fear, or doesn't ever consider flanking unless they super jump to me. I managed to kill all four memebers on a team today in ranked in one quick go and we still couldn't hold it down, because I had strayed too far from the splat zone while doing this.

So right now my biggest challenge is not breaking any screens while playing. (But honestly I'd be happy as B+/A- before team making is included.)

Reactions: Lyn

Pink♡Ink☆RAVE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
StrawberryGynoid
I've definitely been trying it! It's really challenging. At first I think I'm doing really well, and then something happens and I lose like 3 matches in a row. I even deranked from rank C+ to C yesterday before coming rank B- today!

It was kind of discouraging, but I figured the only way to keep getting better is to just keep playing and keeping trying until I get better. So I've kept playing and I'm hoping it works out!

I'm going for rank A+ or whatever is the highest rank as soon as possible!
I'm pretty overwhelmed, though. I won't lie, I'm pretty scared of deranking right now from rank B- to C+.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I've definitely been trying it! It's really challenging. At first I think I'm doing really well, and then something happens and I lose like 3 matches in a row. I even deranked from rank C+ to C yesterday before coming rank B- today!

It was kind of discouraging, but I figured the only way to keep getting better is to just keep playing and keeping trying until I get better. So I've kept playing and I'm hoping it works out!

I'm going for rank A+ or whatever is the highest rank as soon as possible!
I'm pretty overwhelmed, though. I won't lie, I'm pretty scared of deranking right now from rank B- to C+.
Don't be scared, happened to me. I climbed my way back up to B. It's been fun playing ranked so far, I just hate when you get matched with people 4 ranks below you....

Davybot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Davybot
my challenge to myself is keeping a decent rank, and not losing so much. Gosh Splat Zones is difficult.

SolarTrifle

Inkling
NNID
SolarTrifle
I just want to stay in B and not drop, but I'm going to wait a few weeks until mid-summer when the ranks have settled to play a lot of splat zones since I want to find my actual skill bracket in splat zones since most top-tier players are still climbing their way up through B and I would rather not go on unnecessary losing streaks Q.Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom