Anyone else have unwinnable battles?

PremiumFootwear

Full Squid
NNID
PremiumFootwear
On the subject of good super-jump points, on Blackbelly, would the center platform or one of the little square areas off to the sides be better to super-jump to? I only ask because both seem good (center platform is a good vantage point if your team has it, but you can flank the center from those side areas.
If you mean the platforms that I was talking about camping on before, then I would always pick them over the center platform personally. The center platform has such a high risk of being a hotzone that going there leads to instant death all too often, unless you have the perk that masks your super jump. I camp at that side spot with a jet squelcher just so I can take out enemies landing up there, especially in ranked. I would always try to avoid super jumping up there directly unless you have no choice. Landing up there and dying costs you valuable time that you could have spared by going somewhere that's further away but less dangerous.

If you were referring to the railed platforms directly next to the center platform though, I would argue that you should probably avoid that spot at all costs too. Super jumping directly to the center is very risky, but sometimes you can get away with it in turf war. In ranked battles your team would really have to be dominating to be able to get in there safe.

You really should try out that camping spot, it's pretty great, especially in ranked. I use the jet squelcher from there and it really works out. The splash wall blocks enemies from getting through the halfpipe path, while the range of my weapon lets me just barely neutralize the zone on the enemy half of the map, not to mention I can clear out any enemies camping on the center platform. Effectively camping that spot denies the enemy the ability to flank and also prevents them from gaining control of one of the zones. By doing that, you single-handedly give your team a massive edge in the match. Teammates have a safe place to spawn right in the action, the enemies cannot get their counter down, and they can only approach from one angle.

I know it's pretty off topic at this point, but with ranged weapons you can get around to one of the two platforms on the enemy side of arowana mall and camp them. Works great in turf war and okay in splat zones. Same with saltspray rig, get on the tower closer to the enemy half and get them when they poke out. Anyway, I figure that's enough for now lol.

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
i hate it when i win a few games on ranked and get all hyped and think "i will switch weapon" join back ... then lose all the points i got and a bit more. cant wait till teams are implemented

Indy Wolfy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CheveyoWolf
It all comes down to the luck of the draw, it just depends on who has the better combination / diversity of weapons which in the case of ranked is a double-edged sword. But the absolute worse thing is when someone goes AFK and just sits in your spawn doing nothing which destroys all morale to finish the match cause well 3v4 is too one-sided

Forte

Inkster Jr.
I keep having these problems where I'm winning and then next round, we get owned so badly that we can't leave our respawn point. I don't know how to win these kind of battles. I mean, I'm almost always 1st in my team (with a rare 2nd), so I must be doing something right. However, I don't know how these guys keep closing in on us. I can get one guy who sneaks into our area, but when there's like 3 guys in 3 different places, and my team doesn't know there's enemies spraying ink on our side, it becomes an disaster.
I know EXACTLY how you feel. The teams sometimes do really well at spreading out while the teams I'm usually on keep trying the same crap and making us lose. I hate it. I try to escape the patterns in most moments but there's always someone else from the other team right behind me and cleaning up my trail. The random teams are useless. You could be good but if your team sucks, there's the problem.

Lenrap

Inkling
We are all blaming our teammates but if we were the problem?
I think it's easy to blame teammates in this game because every team member counts. One bad/dc'd teammate could make you lose the match. Also, since the only gamemodes are solo queue and the game's target audience is children, it's pretty easy to put the blame on bad teammates.

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
When I see on the my a enemy and my spawn I super jump back to spawn and not let the hole enemy team super jump in

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I occasionally have a match where there's no hope for redemption. Like where they have taken over your base and the best thing to do is to get around them to go try to get theirs. And then me being the HERO I am, I allow us to win at last second. (Okay not really.)

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
We are all blaming our teammates but if we were the problem?
I don't always blame my team. It's a team based game, there will at times be something everyone does wrong when their team loses.
But when a team has two guys who still doesn't understand the basics of the game, it will start to become 2 vs 4.

It's hard to blame myself when I have the most points 90% of the times, and also sometimes even having more points than the enemy team when they win.
Since it's a team based game you also need to count on your teammates at times. Sometimes they miss a lot of good areas in Turf War, or they don't know how to aim to defeat enemies in Splat Zones. It seems like a 50/50 chance of getting teammates that know what their doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom