Anyone else having lag issues lately?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Last night I decided to jump into some late night splatoon, but the lag was horrendous. It was nothing but dropped games, the "purgatory lobby", and ghost players everywhere. I'd never had any issues until now. It wasn't even during my area's peak times.

Wanted to see how the rest of the world is fairing. Is anyone else running into that problem?

More importantly, if it's not just my area, and Nintendo's server loads, or the objects and artifacts in the game are causing it, should we be concerned, or at least ask Nintendo to patch in LAN support, or improve performance?

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
On day one it was like that for me but I couldn't tell if it was the servers or my 3rd party lad adapter/lan extension cord

Cardon

Inkling
NNID
CardonT
Sometimes. Nothing's more fun than a seemingly teleporting roller.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Sometimes it takes a long while for a match to start, it's rare though.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's random for me. It happens at least once a day but I don't get lag too often.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Game was perfect for me. Ranked came out. Now one out of 3 games lags like hell.

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
late night splatoon is rough because it's daytime for japanese players, which means the majority of players online are japanese. I have stopped playing ranked mode late at night because of it, the lag can be rough. I rather just play with NA players at a normal time. I suggest doing the same :>

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
I've been lagging really bad lately. It gets worse with japanese players but also happens with non-japanese players. It can't be me because I have pretty good internet, and Splatoon used to play perfectly until just a couple of days ago. I wonder why?

Amethyst Reitou

Inkling
NNID
AmethystReitou
I've noticed that since Ranked Battles came out, there's been a bit of an increase in connection errors, and in some cases lag. For a while every match or two that I was in had at least one player from one side just end up disconnecting at the start of a match, sometimes even part way through.

Of course, some players seem to either have bad connections, or are purposefully creating lag to give themselves an edge, so I've found it hard to really tell if its on Nintendo's side or just someone trying to act like they're awesome at the game. My optimism in humanity tries not to think its the latter so much.

Deltron

Inkling
NNID
ActionVolus
The game was pretty damn good for the first few days, but recently the quality of the online has dropped. Every few games I get spurts of shooting ink but nothing appearing on the floor.

Donkey_Inferno

Inkling
The game was absolutely perfect the day it came out. Then ever since the day of the Ranked Battle update along with the release of the N-Zap and Port Mackeral... It's been absolutely atrocious...

I get error codes up the butt and I'm so sick of it. Idk what to do...

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I occasionally get communications errors, but it's not really enough to put me off the game. However, I do notice that every now and then people other than me get dropped from matches. Sometimes I see someone on the other team visibly disappear in a puff of dry inky smoke before the match even starts. While it's a boon for my team, I can't help but cringe knowing that whoever got dropped ended up possibly dooming their team by no fault of their own.

Kinda makes me wish there were some sort of backup AI buddy for when that happens.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Today was a nightmare. I haven't seen so much lag and disconnections since release. Several matches there were 2-5 disconnections. Had 2 different players that killed me 4-5 full seconds after I took them out. A roller killed me when I was on the entrance to mid of Urchin Underpass, and when it zoomed in on him his corpse was sitting in the center of mid. Hopefully they're going to be doing server maintenance before they start the first splat fest.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I played a few matches last night.

I personally never had any problems, but I swear most of the games had at least 1 disconnecting player, which ruins games and turns them into either games where you're getting beat down and can't do much about it, to games where you're bored because your team has pushed the other team to their base and you're just left plopping around as a squid spamming the "BOO-YAH" command...

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
I must be lucky, I haven't really had any lag issues. The worst problem I've had was the game getting stuck on the "game over" screen at the end of a match before going back to normal.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Had a little bit of lag yesterday night. Nothing is more irritating than being killed by a Roller 20 ft away. Also it was annoying getting lag in ranked matches when I tried to capture a zone. All the ink I sprayed didn't register until a few seconds later. Ugh.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
I'm so ****ing done right now! Look at this!

Look at how during the ENTIRE GAME there is not a HINT of lag. Except for the bit at the end of the video. All of a sudden there is such a large connection issue that I disconnect from the game!

This happens not only once.

This happens not twice.

This happens not 3 times.

It has been the entire night so far that I have been trying to play AND FINISH a game. I've considered all types of issues from interference to a few router malfunctions. This hasn't happened to me in any other game. CSGO has like 45 ping and no disconnects.

I'm buying a wired adapter. If this doesn't magically fix anything then i might be done playing splatoon :/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom