• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone else stuck as a Profreshional?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Now, I've been enjoying Salmon Run as much as anyone else, but something's been nagging at me. For whatever reason, I have never been able to cross the Profreshional threshold. No matter what I've tried to do, if I even get remotely close to the next level, I inadvertently get wiped in the first or second wave and end up losing a large chunk of progress. It's leading me to just get the 1200 points for the day's last superbonus before I call it off. I'm just curious if anyone else has been stuck in the same rut.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
Luckily, it is the last rank. If you pass the 99 mark it goes to 100-110 based on how well you did last match. Then 120-130 and so on. Highest I've gotten was 240 before calling it quits.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
xD lel
Profreshional IS the top rank

When you reach 100 profreshional, it just keeps going up in number/pay grade. Your progress bar will simply stay full
I'm not sure if the devs have designed any difficulty past 200%(difficulty setting = pay grade), technically.
Judging off of a video I saw, the higher you go above 200% doesn't seem to up the spawn rate of salmonids, only your golden egg quota goes up.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
xD lel
Profreshional IS the top rank

When you reach 100 profreshional, it just keeps going up in number/pay grade. Your progress bar will simply stay full
I'm not sure if the devs have designed any difficulty past 200%(difficulty setting = pay grade), technically.
Judging off of a video I saw, the higher you go above 200% doesn't seem to up the spawn rate of salmonids, only your golden egg quota goes up.
Oh. Well, I guess I feel a little better and yet also a little stupid.

Turd

Inkling
NNID
yoshi_shioti
Switch Friend Code
SW-2964-4020-4043
I play salmon run with friends It makes it easier and much more fun screaming at discord telling them the aimbot stinger salmonoid is harassing us. better coordination with friends than freelancing with randoms.

EDIT:I had the same problem until my friends went online to Help each other get that profreshional rank I was a little disappointed that I spent around 30 mins with randoms and 10-20 mins with friends

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Yeah the highest I've ever gotten is to 80/99 on Professional.
After that, they crank it up to eleven, and we get screwed over really fast.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I do think it's a little frustrating how you ultimately end up losing a lot more often than you win. I'll lose in wave 3 most of the time and get no rank change. Only perhaps 25% of my games result in rank loss, and 25% in an actual win that increases my rank.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I do think it's a little frustrating how you ultimately end up losing a lot more often than you win. I'll lose in wave 3 most of the time and get no rank change. Only perhaps 25% of my games result in rank loss, and 25% in an actual win that increases my rank.
You still get full rewards for the effort you've put in, so if you get to wave 3 you can be content with still getting paid well regardless of what happens.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I would definitely recommend matchmaking with at least a friend or two, and being able to communicate with them over Discord or the Switch app. Voice comms make a noticeable difference, even with just one other player.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
You still get full rewards for the effort you've put in, so if you get to wave 3 you can be content with still getting paid well regardless of what happens.
Yeah, I know, which is why I keep playing. In my head, reaching wave 3 is a win. But it still shows as a loss. I'd like it if they redid it so that just reaching the "no change" round was treated as a win, and beating that round was an "Excellent!" or "Bonus!"

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah, I know, which is why I keep playing. In my head, reaching wave 3 is a win. But it still shows as a loss. I'd like it if they redid it so that just reaching the "no change" round was treated as a win, and beating that round was an "Excellent!" or "Bonus!"
Can't argue with that. It's kinda weird to see Mr. Grizz go "Only 60 eggs? What a shame."

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I remember me and my friends set up a sort of priority list. (mixed in with some general advice from me)
Flyfish get absolute top priority. it's agreed I throw a Splat Bomb in the RIGHT rocket bin. if im not there, the first person who arrives at the Flyfish throws it in the right bin. We typically don't use "This way!" very often at profreshional because of the sheer amount of bosses, but if there's a Flyfish, you bet your butt we're gonna yell "This Way!". Those things ruin games.
Drizzlers get second priority because how quickly they can ruin games with their Inkstorms. it's a good idea to back up to a point where they will shoot their balloon out, and youll be able to shoot it back at them for an insta-splat. If you cant get a good position, just get up close and splat the Drizzler the moment it exposes itself. It will probably get off at least one Inkstorm, but one is better than a ton.
Stingers need to get cleared out ASAP. Theyre particularly annoying cos of that semi-aimbot Sting Ray of theirs. Steelheads are very annoying if your long range weapon(s) is/are screwing off doing something else.

Don't fight Scrappers in narrow areas if youre alone.
Also just stay away from the water if there are lesser Salmonids around. If there's an egg on the VERY edge of the water, clear EVERY lesser Salmonid from the immediate area, cos they WILL boop you in the water, and that just sucks. Scrappers can boop you in the water too, so be mindful about those too.
Don't forget Sting Ray pierces EVERYTHING. It can push back the Mothership when it closes in on the egg basket, and it can splat the Flyfish if you aim in the center of the flying device, Scrappers, Steelheads (yes, even with body shots), and Drizzlers. So if you got the Sting Ray, just remember it's FAR from useless in Salmon Run. Save it for wave 3 for when things get hairy, though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom