• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Anyone find Clam Blitz a little exhausting?

RossoFinale

Inkling
NNID
RossoFinale
Switch Friend Code
SW-2919-1876-4477
(Main problem here is that I'm still in the C Ranks I guess)

I say this in a sense that I find myself doing technically all the roles this mode has to offer. This is technically my first time sitting myself down to play Clam Blitz since it's been out and I managed to pick things up quick with this mode. And I realized that this is a very team cooperative mode.

But normally I tend to try to be the goalie in the team, protecting our barrier while my team does their thing, getting any nearby clams and throwing them to (who I would believe) the teammate that'll score us the points or who has more clams with them at the time. I then later find that my team is struggling to get a Power Clam and throw it in the enemy barrier. As a goalie, I would only leave it if my team is struggling or if 3/4th of the enemy team is down.

In the process, I find myself being the aggressive player, taking down the enemy team so that my team can do their thing while no one seems to try to take my place being goalie while I'm out. Luckily I have beakons and Sub Power Up so that I can move around much faster when needed but would anyone have any advice for this mode, for roles and whatnot?

MaeAnna

Inkling
Honestly, while you're at the low ranks in Clam Blitz I would advise playing both roles because you'll more than likely have to carry at least a bit. What I personally do it make sure is put a big emphasis on terfing the map and then keep a watch on how many clams the other team has. While there are no super clams on the other side I'll play a bit more offensively. When you have a super and the other team doesn't and when your team has the number advantage, usually, that's the best time to make a push. To be able to play the goalie role, I keep a very close eye on the other team and even if they have only 1 super clam in play I always make my way back to the basket as fast as possible.

Also I would suggest (at least until you get into the higher ranks) to keep any clams you find to yourself, unless a team mate is really close to a super. I just wouldn't trust them to be able to stay alive for the most part.

Idk if this will help but I hope it does. Also take what I say with a grain of salt as I'm still only in the A ranks myself on that mode and by no means a professional.

RossoFinale

Inkling
NNID
RossoFinale
Switch Friend Code
SW-2919-1876-4477
I'll take that to mind. Just glad I wasn't the only one who had this thought process.

Also one other question in Clam Blitz. Would anyone know exactly how Overtime works for this mode? My team would be winning by a landslide, timer ends, then Overtime happens, our barrier hasn't been touched yet. We splat the enemy team with the Super Clam, still Overtime, enemy team happens to get to our barrier and got to the point where they ended up winning the match cause of all the saved time they got from Overtime.

MaeAnna

Inkling
It seems to end when the loosing teams super clam disappears from the map entirely. If they have your barrier open it doesn't end until it closes.

RossoFinale

Inkling
NNID
RossoFinale
Switch Friend Code
SW-2919-1876-4477
Huh, ok! I'll make sure to keep a closer eye on that. Thanks!

thundasi

Senior Squid
C ranks suck
two things that helped me was throwing all my clams at my teammates to top them up if they have more than me.

and defending my basket til the super clam drops, grabbing that super jump as close to there side as i can.

seems basic but thats what i got

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Solo Clam Blitz feels exhausting at about any rank. u.u

From my experience I say being just a goalie can be near useless as you're just slowly delaying the inevitable by hanging so far back.

But if you want to continue supporting from the rear, you can't just babysit the goal. You should follow some distance behind your team whether they move forwards or backwards. This not only helps your team but let's grants you a better idea of what's happening than just hanging back and scratching your butt. It also allows you opportunities to stall or stop any threats in advance rather than risk dealing with them at the last possible moment.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Really everyone should be collecting clams. and if you have someone with bubbles or baller or something, then try to use callouts to your teammates to get them to push with you. This has a lower chance of working in lower ranks but in higher ranks people are at least somewhat able to get the message. Honestly if you have bubbles you can just take yourself to the goal but if you have a power clam, a simple This Way! should get you some support telling people you wanna push. I'd say the most annoying thing is brushes running past people and sneaking to your basket with a football while you're trying to push...

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Solo Clam Blitz feels exhausting at about any rank. u.u

From my experience I say being just a goalie can be near useless as you're just slowly delaying the inevitable by hanging so far back.

But if you want to continue supporting from the rear, you can't just babysit the goal. You should follow some distance behind your team whether they move forwards or backwards. This not only helps your team but let's grants you a better idea of what's happening than just hanging back and scratching your butt. It also allows you opportunities to stall or stop any threats in advance rather than risk dealing with them at the last possible moment.
This. I once had a game where we managed to wipe the other team, but me and one of my teammates went down in the process. My other two teammates had a perfect opportunity to gain control over the map, but they just held back and stood by our goal, even though there was no one on the other team who could score. Being aware of the situation, and standing where you can most influence the match is super valuable.

Koopon

Roller/Blaster Main
Switch Friend Code
SW-6418-2499-7488
I don't think of the roles in CB as static. It can take all four teammates giving everything they got to get a power clam into the basket. It's unrealistic to expect three players will do all the work. When the defending team can super jump into a defensive position in a matter of seconds, a team of three will have a super narrow window to make a successful push. In my opinion, stop trying to defend a goal and instead focus on where the clams are and where the power clams are. Just stop enemy power clams where ever you can engage them from a power position. And guard them until they break.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I don’t know.. I picked up the Heavy Splatling deco for the first time in forever and plonked myself down by our basket and no one could get anywhere near to score. I’d move forwards if we had the advantage and used the bubbles and splash wall for our team to use as cover to get a good score going and it really worked. I only got about 2 kills, and probably as many deaths so it didn’t look like I was doing much but it enabled the team to go out and not have to worry about discrete pushes on the basket, and then when the other team had 2 power clams we’d all come back and play a great defensive game. That weapon is pretty excellent for that mode as it can fill a really strong defensive position, and a great attack with the bubbles and splash wall combo which I think works best in clam Blitz more than any other mode. My scores were never great but we won almost every game, at S+ level as well.

Idk, maybe I was being carried

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom