Anyone hate Arowana?

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
I despise it. I hate winning on it and I hate losing on it. I hate it using a long range weapon. I hate it using a short range weapon. I hate it playing against long range weapons. I hate it playing against short range weapons. I. Hate. This. Map.

Literally not one thing I like about it. I will stay out of any rotation that it is part of. Never disliked a map on any game the way I hate this one and I don’t know why.

I like the more narrow, hall oriented maps and I like the ones with a lot of elevations and layers, but holy god I hate this one.

At least it’s the only map I dislike.

Vent complete.

techton

Senior Squid
Arowana is fine for me. I liked it in S1 and it's tolerable in S2. Just wish they could've stayed with the original and not add in the sponges. I hate them.

Though the stage I hate the most is in my signature. Moray Towers is my demon that I fight. Humpback Pump Track is a stage I really dislike, too. I like flat maps in general. So my go-to stages are like Walleye Warehouse, Port Mackerel, Camp Triggerfish, etc.

#BRINGBACKCAMPTRIGGERFISH

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Everybody's got a stage that is their kryptonite and there's nothing wrong with that. For me, it's Snapper Canal. The wide and angular terrain there just vexes me.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
I do remember, the Mall was the very first stage I played on in Splatoon 1. Because it's so nostalgic to me, I have no choice but to see it very high on my favorite stages-list. It's just tied with so many good memories for me. Mindlessly rolling over newbies with my roller while being a crazy newbie myself. Good times.

But I bear you no ill will for hating it, heh. As pointed out above, everyone's got their hated stages. The best thing you can do then is not playing when it's on. That's become quite easy nowadays. There's so many stages, when you see your nemesis, you can easily dodge it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Back in Splatoon 1, I loved Arrowanna a ton...until the charger/dynamo roller meta eventually took over. After that it became one big D-Day recreation where your team who wasn't lucky enough to have the eliter or dynamo needed to push up the ramp and pray you were not killed instantly by the enemy team perched and ready to punish your push to the middle.

I haven't played too much in this game yet, but I know the map has been changed to allow for easier pushes to the middle. And now that both of the aforementioned weapons have been much better balanced, I'm sure this stage will be much kinder going forward. I certainly helps I've adopted my own longer range options in this game to allow for holding the mid down myself. ;)

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I love the map; then again I co-main the Superscope. :p

Kelp Dome though.........that map can go somewhere else.

Padre

Pro Squid
Its underwhelming stage to me. I dont hate it, but its still not joy to play. Losing heavily on Arowana is a pain and the push in the end makes makes all the difference. 2/5

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
I feel like the map sort of just encourages camping if your team slips up in the middle. Cuz the other team has the high ground from mid all the way to your spawn and can see your approach. It seems like a bottleneck whether you go middle or to the side. It’s just so frustrating when you can’t get a foothold. No map makes me want to throw more.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Arowana Mall has been one of my favorite maps since the first game. It provides more tactiques, even in Splatoon 2. Yeah you can write about chargers and blasters being horrid nightmare on this map, but there's also weapons to counter those.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
I don’t h8 Arowana mall imo it is an ok map
I enjoy using chargers on this map
But I found Shellendorf Institute annoying. And Moray Towers, especially after they’ve changed it. Dubiously annoying...
Is it fine if I also dislike Blackbelly Skatepark, especially in Clam Blitz mode...

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I love it, but I always bring a slosher of some sort when it's in the rotation, and they're quite effective as well.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I hate Port Mackarel too much to even hate anything else, despite Ports new design, i still hate it...
I loved the improvement on Arowanna, but with everything more open, i just feel like i'm bait for anything that happens.
I show up, i shoot, and then everybody on the other team thinks it's funny to throw bombs and stingrays at me at the same time...

Yeah i love the changes in Arowana, and i do not hate it, despite i feel like i'm losing every time i play it.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
Arowana is a nightmare. Whoever can lay claim to the raised center pretty much has the game in the bag, because all of the side paths inevitably go through it and trying to go head-on is a literal uphill battle.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Arowana just seems so all over the place. I can never get a grip on where to put my focus. Doesn’t seem to happen on other maps. Maybe blackbelly

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I don't like it because how dare they remove that palm tree! There's where I do my Sprinkler cheese!
Have to agree with this. I absolute love Arowana, and I enjoy the revamp a lot, but why did they kill the palm tree? Even ignoring Sprinkler cheese it was such a nice aesthetic to the map and it was nice for blocking some sniper shots, without it being there the courtyard feels open and empty. RIP Palm Tree 2015-2017.

Final side note is I was wary of the enlarged mid, but I adore that change, it gives me places to use my Splash Wall and stand ground (I became a 96 Deco main when it dropped, one of 2 people :P) and it's nice to have the Splat Zone require more defending rather than block off hill and the side passage. Definitely one of my favourite maps in this game (but then again the bar isn't all that high lol). Like it or not Arowana brings back that much needed Splatoon 1 feel and tactics, a great breath of fresh air from the square with raised/sunken mid that gets used too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom