Anyone have any motion control tips?

NNID
Epicknuxeles2002
I have been trying to up my Splatoon game a little by getting use to motion controls. I've been playing sticks for awhile and play good with them, but because of how jittery I am my accuracy will go to crap in the middle of it. I've been practicing with motion controls and when I get a chance to get a kill its pretty accurate but I joined my friends lobby using it and got destroyed. Maybe I'm not practicing enough? Tell me what you did to get use to motion controls. Thanks!

Runzi333

Inkling
NNID
Runzi333
Play through story mode if you haven't already because it teaches really useful motion control stuff! I've heard from a few S+ players that they will go back and see how fast they can run a level every once in a while for muscle memory practice too. It helps with speed and accuracy while giving you moving targets. I practice in the weapon testing area as well to fine tune things. I haven't messed with the sensitivity much but that might also be slowing you down as it is different for almost everyone (some like it on the highest setting others on the lowest, and even others still like to change it depending on the weapon).

Also you might already do this but I learned a ton from watching others play. Even if they weren't the best player, you can learn from a death just as much as a kill. :)

HoorayRapo

Inkling
NNID
QuietButHappy
I definitely second practicing in single player mode with the motion controls on just to help get a feel for things. If you feel like you're too jittery, try starting on a lower sensitivity and then adjusting it to be higher or lower to your preference during practice. After that, you can try practicing aiming in Turf War if you want some more random opponent movement. Good luck!

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
As everyone has said, doing single player with motion controls helps a lot. I also think it helps to find a default sitting position that is comfortable that stabilizes your aim. I usually sit cross legged so my arms rest on my legs and it keeps my gamepad level and stable while still allowing me to aim pretty well. It's kind of a weird thing that I think only I do but hey, if you find a good sitting position that helps, go for it.

Runzi333

Inkling
NNID
Runzi333
As everyone has said, doing single player with motion controls helps a lot. I also think it helps to find a default sitting position that is comfortable that stabilizes your aim. I usually sit cross legged so my arms rest on my legs and it keeps my gamepad level and stable while still allowing me to aim pretty well. It's kind of a weird thing that I think only I do but hey, if you find a good sitting position that helps, go for it.
I totally sit the same way when I play! It's comfortable and keeps my hands and arms from getting tired or shaking.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
At first, just use motion controls to look up and down. Keep using the sticks to pan. When you get comfortable with that, start aiming left and right with motion controls. That's what worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom