Are amiibo worth it?

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
I am getting extremely tempted to buy an amiibo just to have those extra freshest fit slots but for any of you who do have amiibo is it actually worth it or is it too much of a bother

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I personally enjoy having the option to easily take out any extra fits.
It is kind of a bother having to take out my amiibo whenever I want to but that's a very small issue.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
It's worth it in terms of collectables, it's not in terms of freshest fit slots imo. I collect them because I like the actual figurines themselves (My Splat1 Squid amiibo arrives in a few days! Which, if we're only counting the in-game gear they give you, that means I will have finished the Splat1 set! However if we're counting figurines themselves... I still need the recolor Inkling Girl, recolor Squid, and the Splat1 line Inkling Girl), but it's too much of a hassle to ever actually use them for freshest fits. I think I've used that mechanic like... once. Though, of course, you could always just get amiibo cards or something if you're okay with that, plenty of people sell cheap ones online that function the same way as amiibo!

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
It's worth it in terms of collectables, it's not in terms of freshest fit slots imo. I collect them because I like the actual figurines themselves (My Splat1 Squid amiibo arrives in a few days! Which, if we're only counting the in-game gear they give you, that means I will have finished the Splat1 set! However if we're counting figurines themselves... I still need the recolor Inkling Girl, recolor Squid, and the Splat1 line Inkling Girl), but it's too much of a hassle to ever actually use them for freshest fits. I think I've used that mechanic like... once. Though, of course, you could always just get amiibo cards or something if you're okay with that, plenty of people sell cheap ones online that function the same way as amiibo!
haven't thought about amiibo cards I'll look into that

Mx_Diva

Transfemme Cephaloperson
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I have an amiibo card set. I like it.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I have a purple squid amiibo but I pretty much never use it, it's always more convenient to just... sort through my gear instead of fishing out a figurine. It looks cool though!

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I have a purple squid amiibo but I pretty much never use it, it's always more convenient to just... sort through my gear instead of fishing out a figurine. It looks cool though!
I have the same amiibo, lmao.
I was really glad it was purple too when I found it.

Mp3

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She Her
Amiibo are worth it to have more freshest fits options because you can switch your species and gender very easy with it. They are cool looking too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom