Are double-splats worth it?

dustmyte

Full Squid
NNID
dustmyte
Naughty, naughty NAUGHTY ZOOT. You deserve a good spanking. And then spank me I mean double splats or mutual kills or trades aren't worth it imo. If I die, even if I get a kill, I consider it to be a mistake. If you're interested enough in Splatoon to post on these forums you're probably one of the best players on the server and you really need to be there on the field fighting for your team. You lose time, time that could well spent making a positive impact.

shane3x

Full Squid
It's not down to lag at all. Every time I've been a victim of double-splat, it's because I tried an ambush, but I'm so bad at aiming that I let my advantage slip and we ended up destroying each other. Alternatively, the enemy might have tried to ambush me, but their aim was poor and I was able to retaliate.

A double-splat is better than no splat at all, mainly because it can provide an opening for your team to push through. If you're off on your own when it happens and no one brought backup, then both splatees were just wasting their time.
That doesnt prove it wasnt lag at all. Double splats arent always going to be worth it, its pretty dependent on the situation.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Naughty, naughty NAUGHTY ZOOT. You deserve a good spanking.

Okay, I take it back. A double-splat is a totally neutral event, and which way things go after it happens depends entirely on which team has most backup behind it.

Kiritora

Inkster Jr.
If you main a roller a double splat is usually a good thing and allows your opponent to push through. I play very aggressively with the Dynamo and since I move slowly sacrifices can be ideal in situations and even lead into a win. In fact, it's not that hard for me to get a triple splat if two enemies are close.

I do this only on small maps or when I know a teamate is close. It's all situational. This is not something that really works on open maps like kelp dome or the skatepark.

ssupermario92

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ssupermario92
like others has said, it depends on the situation.

Example: if i was the only peep on say a splatzone and none of my teammates are nearby to defend. If no, it was a terrible trade and it could possibly cost us the game.

Last edited:

Oatsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaOtmel
Naughty, naughty NAUGHTY ZOOT. You deserve a good spanking. And then spank me I mean double splats or mutual kills or trades aren't worth it imo. If I die, even if I get a kill, I consider it to be a mistake. If you're interested enough in Splatoon to post on these forums you're probably one of the best players on the server and you really need to be there on the field fighting for your team. You lose time, time that could well spent making a positive impact.
Exactly what this guy said.
Doubly so if you're on of those "My team sucks so I lose." guys.

EvilMario

Inkling
NNID
EvilMario
Double splats are better than no splats.

You will always benefit MORE from not getting splatted however.

That's all there really is to say about it.
I entirely disagree. In say, Splat Zones, me staying alive as a Dynamo, holding the much, is much more important that chasing after someone to trade with them. Yeah, if I'm going to be splatted myself I'd always like to trade, but that goes without saying. If you can trade 2 for 1 too, of course it will help a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom