Are Inklings or Octolings Better? (Which one are you?)

Inklings or Octolings

• Total voters

2bdamned

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
I like both of them! I can't really decide... I play as an inkling and of course, my splatsona is an inkling too....

Buuut....my boyfriend plays as an octoling so perhaps I do think octolings are a bit better lol. Also my favourite character is Agent 8 so there's that too.

Both are pretty cool though.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
I don't necessarily feel like one is 'better' than the other but when it comes to which I personally resonate with, octo expansion really swayed me hard over to octolings. The whole bit of lore about the effect the Inkantation had on them was just really compelling to me. The idea of the haze of what you thought the world was clearing from your mind and realizing you actually do have the agency to make your own way in life and seek something better, and the idea of that thing drawing you to that realization wasn't just some outside influence but something that literally resonated with your DNA; a reminder of who you were and what you were capable of all along... I dunno. Maybe it's an overdramatic interpretation but it gives me all the emotions.

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
The octoling fro is too iconic, it's a chunk of the reason I bought the game bc besides Animal Crossing, almost no other games have a kept together Afro that isn't frizzy or "nappy"

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
@Arigato! Ehhh not really. It's used a lot in the black community, but it's one of those things that's been reclaimed after white women would use it to talk about black women. Honestly thought, it's the only way I can think to describe some of the black hair styles in games. It's a bit better now, but even sometimes when they put braids or dreads in a game they just look basic or plain bad.

electronvolt

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
I agree about inklings having the better kraken, but octolings in swim form have a little curly moustache so they win

squ1d

Inkster Jr.
harmony's house, Hotlantis(i live with harmony)
Pronouns
squid/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-2624-8690
i honestly prefer inklings.(no surprise there, my name is squ1d after all) i feel like they give off more of a cool vibe, rather than a cutesy kind of one. yknow what i mean? and i just prefer cool over cute.

and is it just me or is the male octoling "ouch" voices just incredibly annoying- and every male octo ive ever played with just spaammss like 5 times per-death. arrgghh

dont get me wrong though, i love the octoling hairstyles! they're so good, even if theres so little compaired to inklings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom