• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

are we ACTUALLY getting a content extension

Lisku

Inkling Commander
judging by the horrible financial decisions nintendo makes, and the fact that this is the “last salmon run map” i hate to say it but there is a possibility that we’re not getting a content extension. But i’ve heard that ark poraris is still in the games files, so maybe.
IMG_1475.jpeg

i just find it weird that their emphasizing so much on the fact that this is the last salmon run stage. maybe they’re planning another year as a surprise

Last edited:

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
do we really need a 5th (or more, i haven't been keeping track) new thread to discuss content extension, it feels like a topic that's been beaten to death when the answer is ultimately "it's hard to predict what they're going to decide to do right now"

i wouldn't use the salmon run map as evidence against it regardless, new salmon run content has never really been much consideration for something that would get added in a content extension anyway. it's pretty easy for both "this is the last salmon run map" and "they will continue adding content to splatoon 3 beyond this summer" to be true
also not entirely certain what "horrible financial decisions" you're implying would be an indicator of whether or not we get more updates. to be frank, i wouldn't expect a content extension to be more profitable than just sending the team off to go work on a different game. if they extend content it's going to be because the devs want to add more content, not because they're going to make a ton of money doing it

Lisku

Inkling Commander
do we really need a 5th (or more, i haven't been keeping track) new thread to discuss content extension, it feels like a topic that's been beaten to death when the answer is ultimately "it's hard to predict what they're going to decide to do right now"

i wouldn't use the salmon run map as evidence against it regardless, new salmon run content has never really been much consideration for something that would get added in a content extension anyway. it's pretty easy for both "this is the last salmon run map" and "they will continue adding content to splatoon 3 beyond this summer" to be true
also not entirely certain what "horrible financial decisions" you're implying would be an indicator of whether or not we get more updates. to be frank, i wouldn't expect a content extension to be more profitable than just sending the team off to go work on a different game. if they extend content it's going to be because the devs want to add more content, not because they're going to make a ton of money doing it
thats why im making this. i’ve seen so much talk about getting a content extension that I just have to question it.

but i could have put this in one of those now that i think about it. sorry about that

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i think it’s possible for them to do content extension without them doing salmon run, even though that would kinda suck. the good thing is that salmon run got a lot of good additions to this game at least.

they can do an extension where they only add kits or something. they can also just be like “hey guys we are adding more content and that includes this this and this” and if it goes back on what they have previously said, that would make sense because the extension wasn’t part of the original plan.

i dont think we should worry too much about trying to predict what they are going to do with a content extension or if they will even do one because they can just choose to do anything they feel like it. i’ll just wait for them to actually reveal what they’re doing after the final season to think about it. it’s simple yet effective and it’s what we have to do anyway so might as well embrace it.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
What with the way they've handled Salmon Run's stages in this game, I'm not surprised that they're not really willing to make more.
Each new stage is an entirely new challenge content-wise, another grind to EVP 999. If anyone, Nintendo sees the grind as enough content to make the players content. There can also only be one map in rotation at a time, and the seven we have means no given one will be out of rotation for too long.

The reason they haven't added (and most likely won't add) Ark Polaris is likely because the only King Salmonid that wouldn't be very awkward on it is Horrorboros.

My point? I don't think it makes a lot of sense to base whether or not we'll receive a content extension based off of Bonerattle Arena being the final Salmon Run stage.

Flango

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
I think that with both Salmon run and multiplayer they’re trying to end on a good number of stages, assuming a constant rotation there’s currently 240 hours, or 10 days between a salmon run map leaving and showing up again, increasing that much further would probably be rather frustrating. Same with multiplayer maps, just with 8 to 10 in rotation at any one time instead.

Now is this for the best, I don’t know, but it seems like what they’re doing.

shirpless

Inkling
The reason they haven't added (and most likely won't add) Ark Polaris is likely because the only King Salmonid that wouldn't be very awkward on it is Horrorboros.
From my friend who's an avid salmon runner, she also thinks that Ark Polaris - as much as I loved it - would be a very awkward & hard map to play on for the kind of difficulty that SR:NW is now. Bonerattle Arena in our opinion is already an Ark Polaris-like map but with good upgrades, that it feels unlikely that Ark Polaris itself will be in the game.

But yea, gonna need some other basis for why they'd extend content. I'd say the lack of 3rd weapon kits would be one, but the devs can magically think otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom