• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are You Renaming Your Mii for Splatfest?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, now that Splatfest is over it's time to get my original name back. It was fun while that TPP reference lasted, though!

pastorn

Inkling
NNID
pastah_rhymez
I was "PrippsBlå" (bomboozled for EU blue). Pripps Blå is a not-so-very-good swedish beer. Here's the commercial that everyone alive in 1992 remembers:

I like to have names that signal "I'm swedish and if you're also swedish you'll know that I'm a swede by my name". Usually my nick is PiluttaDig, an expression from an Astrid Lindgren book (author of Pippi Longstocking).

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Same here.
Do you know how salty I am XD I was going to be Team Blue but then I was worried that everyone became Team Blue so they could win, so I became Team Red the day of. .-. And Team Blue(and Leaf Green) won each splatfest .-. GG

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Same here.
Do you know how salty I am XD I was going to be Team Blue but then I was worried that everyone became Team Blue so they could win, so I became Team Red the day of. .-. And Team Blue(and Leaf Green) won each splatfest .-. GG
This is why you should always pick what you actually agree with, not try to metagame crap.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
This is why you should always pick what you actually agree with, not try to metagame crap.
*grumbles under breath* yeah yeah, I know. I actually wanted to be Team Red in the first place, before deciding on Team Blue then switching back to Red.
Most of my opinions are popular in terms of Splatfests, and I tend to get salty over losses.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I didn't, it's the same mii I use for 3DS, so I was lazy to change then change it back. But who did it, thanks, it was a nice experience! :)

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I saw the Magikarp on Red's side. I think that guy was one of the rare competent Red players.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I never rename my miis. The only name changes I've undergone were switching between miis, as I've kept all of my old designs that way.

To date, I've only had three personal miis, and they were always named with my name or a nickname I'm known by.
I strongly agree with this. I've also been on most of the loosing teams, but regardless of that, I still choose whatever team is representing what I support the most. The closest I've gotten to meta-game team picking was this last Splatfest, but my choice had nothing to to with Splatoon and the Splatfest itself.

I've always tried to pick the less popular of Pokémon games once I've predicted which would be more popular. (Except for White 2 and OmegaRuby, as I already had White and the original Ruby Version.) This was in hopes of increasing the likelihood of someone wanting to trade with me. Isn't trading the original concept behind the Pokémon games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom