Art or Science, and what is/will be/was your major?

What is your major and are you art or science?

• I chose art, and my major is considered an art

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • I chose art, and my major is a science

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I chose science, and my major is an art

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I chose science, and my major is a science

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • I chose art, but I can't really call my major an art/science

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • I chose science, but I can't really call my major an art/science

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
This is the most "college" Splatfest I've seen, so I thought I'd see what people think of it, college-wise.

Most college majors can generally be divided into two fields, arts or sciences. They aren't always quite as literal as you'd think (Phys Ed is considered a science, PR is usually considered an art, etc), but they generally fit into these two roles. Go to any college campus, and ask people what they think of people on the other side...it's not always pretty.

So, are you an artist that likes science? A scientist who appreciates the arts? Or are lines firmly divided? Or do you have a major that is so in-between that you're kind of both?

Post your major/the major you want, and let's see how things add up.

I'm a Mass Communications major, which is generally considered an art, but I do technical stuff, so I'm more science, I suppose. I chose science.

glassescat

Inkling
NNID
glassescat
I went to school to learn 3D modeling and I'm trying to teach myself game design, so art for sure! I do love science to but I just wasn't cut out for it.

Aerotop

Inkling
I'm still two years off from college (hoping to get into a good one!) and I want to major in something science-related, like Astrophysics or Engineering. I picked team Science!

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Will be going to university next year to major in Japanese, which is an art. But I chose science, even though I'm terrible at it. I just like what science can teach you.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I'm still two years off from college (hoping to get into a good one!) and I want to major in something science-related, like Astrophysics or Engineering. I picked team Science!
Those two fields are awesome! Good luck, and I hope you get into a great school coughMITcough!

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I have both a science degree and am working on an arts degree now (don't ask), and love both, so this was a hard one to pick.

I chose art in the end because I liked the colour better.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
I just realized this...

I go to The University of Montevallo. Every year, people join "Team Purple" or "Team Gold" to compete with each other (Our school colors)

The sciency people generally join Gold, and the artsy people join Purple. This is too perfect.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I graduated from my hometown college with a major in Graphic Design, and considering my other artistic tendencies I ended up choosing Art.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I have a degree in Interdisciplinary Arts with an emphasis in Photography (Analogue so I can develop and make my own prints yo) and another degree in Strategic Communications (basically PR/Advertising). Also minored in Japanese so I chose art! :)

natakazam

Inkling
as much as i appreciate art i am very into science so i'm team science here
also a psych major hoping to eventually go into neuroscience

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I have a Bachelors of Science and Masters in Psychology and a Masters in Social Work and hopefully soon to be a licensed social worker. What would I be then?

I did pick Team Science though as I like learning about animals and therefore enjoy zoology.

Yet, I sew plushies and do draw and would be fine with Team Art as well but sometimes I get frustrated with my art so I picked science.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom