As a low level comp player, whats the best way you and your team to improve?

Mr Sark

Inkster Jr.
As a team focus on what does work, stray away from focusing on what isn't working. Individually, always be working on your mechanics, you should be able to make plays and execute on those plays.

Mr Sark

Inkster Jr.
How do I find people to help me out? I can't find a team for the life of me and I have no clue where I can find people to really discuss the game with on a more personal level to help me get over my skill roadblock. I feel like I'm playing at the same level I was in 2017 and haven't improved whatsoever and its really frustrating that I can't get better or find a team.
what level would you say you play at?

Mr Sark

Inkster Jr.
Honestly, I have no clue. Div 8 maybe? I've never been on a team or really been able to have any real competitive experience.
yea I hear ya. You've been playing at the same level for a while and really want to improve. Just based on the fact that you're around div 8, the best thing to do is work on your mechanics. Sometimes you just have to be able to take over and make plays, but it can't happen if you don't have that foundation. You can go from low level to around mid-level skill wise if you improve your mechanics in a relatively short amount of time if you put some commitment into it.

Here's a video that'll help you start improving your aim-

Here's an thatsrbDude video talking about movement( the part at 8:10 which talks about sub-strafing is the difference you're probably looking for and will be a game changer once you get used to it)

D

Deleted member

What's
there’s also a splatoon recruitment and free agent server that’s very big here
I'm banned from there cuz someone made false accusations against me and instead of looking into it the mods just banned me and won't let me state my case

antyytna

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2627-3241-7131
there is no faster way to improve than to find a group of like-minded people, all in terms of playstyle, mentality and goals overall. id say that should be your main priority as once that happens, communication, connections and building competitive game sense will come naturally with grinding with the same people
the first line is good in theory but it can be really hard to find *all* of those match up, so I'll just add that while you should try to find people you want to play with of course, you have to compromise with people imo

but yeah I agree with the general sentiment of this post, good advice!

D

Deleted member

I'm forced to play solo nonstop because I have no friends

Charis

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3317-0489-1600
I've tried new weaponds, made my gear more meta, and trained for a while, and yet I feel like I'm every tournament everyone is rolling me over lol
There’s a good bit of good advice here, so I’d like to add to be patient and don’t get frustrated if you feel stuck. Improvement can take a while, so don’t get discouraged if it takes longer than you wanted it to, everyone improves differently and at different rates, so don’t feel bad if other people get better faster, just keep focusing on making progress instead of weighing urself down by expecting too much too soon

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
that’s not how the channels work, you don’t have to know people for them to group up with you
you just say “looking for game in this vc” and people will ask if they can join regardless of if they know you

D

Deleted member

that’s not how the channels work, you don’t have to know people for them to group up with you
you just say “looking for game in this vc” and people will ask if they can join regardless of if they know you
Okay what's this mythical server where people play with you?

emon

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4681-6511-6715
I've tried new weaponds, made my gear more meta, and trained for a while, and yet I feel like I'm every tournament everyone is rolling me over lol
Honestly practice consistently with your team and review matches where you feel you lost too hard or won very easily. This will help with picking up on strengths and weaknesses for both you and your team.

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
D

Deleted member

Honestly practice consistently with your team and review matches where you feel you lost too hard or won very easily. This will help with picking up on strengths and weaknesses for both you and your team.
People say this, but how do I find anyone to play with let alone a team?

D

Deleted member

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom