At What Point Do You Stop ReRolling?

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
I won't get into the nitty gritty details unless people ask, but after getting into idealizing my gear not too long ago, I am 3 sub slots away from that ideal, one of which I am willing to keep anyways. So really 2. And they're all on different pieces of the gear set. Is this worth rerolling if I am so gosh dang close? Or does perfection not mean that much?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'm a bit confused. You have a build that is complete but doesn't have perfect pieces? Or your build is pretty close to complete but each set isn't perfect but doable?

Either way, if it's working for you, then just keep it the way it is. Then save up money and snails to perfect it out IF you are interested in that sort of thing.

For me, perfect gear opens up more build possibilities because those pieces can now be put into more builds without having to have other gear with supporting subs. However, while working on saving up I'm usually happy with 2 of the subs I want (for instance, two ink recovery on my Cyan Trainers, and I used two swim speed on my Red Hi Tops for most of my splatoon life).

Also, some of my gear isn't perfect but I'm not going to reroll because I like it better that way. For example I have a snorkel mask with two special duration subs and one damage up; that extra dmg sub is more valuable to me than a perfect snorkel mask. Likewise, I have an ALMOST pure pilot goggles with two bomb range. What I wouldn't give for a pure pair of pilot goggles...Not rerolling that one though.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Two sub slots that are the same are good enough for me.

I'm too afraid if I reroll it after that it'll screw it up.

Cactus

Semi-Pro Squid
I wasted 800k to get my 9 slots of Runspeed ;3; I think I over did it.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
To clarify: I've been maining the Octobrush Nouveau lately, and my ideal is 2 damage mains, ink resist, 3 Swim Speed subs, 3 charge up subs, and 3 ink save main subs. By perfect I meant that I almost have all of those in some way...not necessarily in pure gear. I have my ink resist and an equivalent of 2 damage mains, as well as the ink saver main. I only have one charge up sub and 2 Swim Speed subs, so I am missing 3 of my ideal sub slots. One of those is an extra ink saver main, but the others I don't really want. All of them are just so close already that I don't wanna touch them.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
To clarify: I've been maining the Octobrush Nouveau lately, and my ideal is 2 damage mains, ink resist, 3 Swim Speed subs, 3 charge up subs, and 3 ink save main subs. By perfect I meant that I almost have all of those in some way...not necessarily in pure gear. I have my ink resist and an equivalent of 2 damage mains, as well as the ink saver main. I only have one charge up sub and 2 Swim Speed subs, so I am missing 3 of my ideal sub slots. One of those is an extra ink saver main, but the others I don't really want. All of them are just so close already that I don't wanna touch them.
That would be difficult to do without a shiny anyway. I don't think there is a loadout that can give you that with natural rolls.

I'd just keep it if it is working for you.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Yeah I did some research and it would involve getting a triple Swim Speed up on the samurai hat or the legendary cap. That would take a lotta rerolls.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Honestly, the easiest way to get the combination you're looking for is to find a pure Squash Headband from someone online (most common pure I've seen, it's everywhere. At least on S rank Chargers). It'll be one main and three subs of damage up then you are free to use other clothing as you see fit because you'll have a lot of easy gear options to get the rest of your abilities once you get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom