• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

August 5/6th Update - New Gear Log

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Okay, OP updated with all new information. In the end I could only find two items from the imgur album that we didn't have already, someone let me know if I missed something (note, as LinkJr points out, the Pirate Tee shouldn't be there).

It would still be nice to get screenshots for all the (non-reward) items instore, so if you see anything that we don't have an image for in your stores then please do take a screenshot and post it here (press the 'Home' button, then select internet browser, and the image will be on the clipboard, so from there you can either post it directly or upload it somewhere to post later - I tend to attach them to draft emails, since this preserves the resolution).

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Awesome work @Phobos !

I'll make sure to make in shop screenshots of the missing ones if i can.

Also, do we know anything yet about the new brands?

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I've not seen any info on them yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they were neutral brands, given that each has only one complete outfit, but that's just speculation.

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
Man why does rockenburg have to make the most ballin' looking stuff yet have the worst bias

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I dunno - I kinda think the opposite - I dislike the look of a lot of their stuff but really like the effect of stacking run speed up.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
So does anybody know what abilities are common and uncommon for the Famitsu and Squid Girl brands? Or do they not have any like the amiibo brand gear?

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I believe NWPlayer123 (dataminer) said the new brands are neutral, it would make sense as the other promotional brand (KOG) is neutral.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Nice - thanks! It looks like there are two things which we're missing here - will update the OP shortly.

Kryzz

Full Squid
NNID
Valdraya
Name: Carnivore Tee
Brand: Firefin
Main Ability: Defence up
Stars: *
Price: IDK

Edit: Didn't notice last post.. well here's a picture of it anyway

Edit2: Higher quality images of some of the new gear. Can only upload 20 images per post, I'll upload the remaining stuff later when I find them all.

Edit3: As it wasn't on the reddit post, Custom Trail Boots cost 3000 in the shop.

Last edited:

dean.

Inkling
Head: Traditional Headband
Clothes: Squid-Stitch Tee
Clothes: Cycling Shirt

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Thanks everyone! OP updated with new info and images. However, I had to refrain from posting some images since apparently I hit the limit for images in a single post - not sure how best to proceed now... Suggestions?

Oh! And by my count we have 44 items include the rewards, so if it's correct that there are 40 new pieces of regular gear than there's one thing missing.

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Maybe ask a mod to delete the few posts between OP and your second post so that you can continue in that post?

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I'm really hoping for a decent Ink Recovery shoe... The subs for the ones currently are trash imo

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
I'm really hoping for a decent Ink Recovery shoe... The subs for the ones currently are trash imo
:shoes_sht002: has :ability_inkresistance: main and :ability_inkrecovery: bias, if it helps. I've got one with triple ink recovery if you want to try ordering it off me.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
:shoes_sht002: has :ability_inkresistance: main and :ability_inkrecovery: bias, if it helps. I've got one with triple ink recovery if you want to try ordering it off me.
Those are absolutely attrocious :P Most of the Tentatek brand isn't something I'm fond of.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
OP updated with one more piece of clothing - Linen Shirt - which I'm guessing is the last piece.

I'm waiting to hear back from a mod on whether there's a way that we can work around the image limit.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Ink recovery up is like, the best ability ever
It's easily the most useful ability in the entire game imo. Trying to get more on my character.

OP updated with one more piece of clothing - Linen Shirt - which I'm guessing is the last piece.

I'm waiting to hear back from a mod on whether there's a way that we can work around the image limit.
I am pretty sure Linen Shirt was in before the patch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom