Awowana is back! But... what's the difference?

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I did a recon and it has been a while so I guess y memory of it isn't perfect, but nothing major seems to have changed...

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I'm 99% sure the out of bounds tree thing got patched out (invisible wall by that tree now), unless I'm doing it wrong... which could be possible.
Other than that I haven't noticed any big changes myself.

Aeron

Inkling
NNID
angieyo
I personally enjoyed Arowana so I'm glad to see it's back, regardless of the changes. I guess I'll have to check out the stage for myself!

ct22.w

Inkling
NNID
ct22.will
Switch Friend Code
SW-0267-6988-5388
If I had to guess, they patched a certain shortcut. I'm basing my guess off of what the patch notes said.

"Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes."
they definitely patched it. they added another pipe thing on top so that you can't jump over it onto the small area of wall there as a squid

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
they definitely patched it. they added another pipe thing on top so that you can't jump over it onto the small area of wall there as a squid
This definitely isn't new. That part was added several months ago when the palm trees were added to the plazas.

Tifa

Inkling
This definitely isn't new. That part was added several months ago when the palm trees were added to the plazas.
No, they accidentally removed it whenever they added that Rainmaker blockade. They had to re-patch it again

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The biggest change that I could see it that they re-added the second piping on the wall.... Now here's to hoping that the developers don't accidentally remove it again. :P

My friend said he was able to do the palm tree glitch earlier but when I tried, I couldn't get it to work. So I'm not really sure if the palm tree glitch is still there or not. x) But aside from the piping.... There doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Seriously? I never noticed... my mistake, then.
Though I'm pretty sure they removed the OOB problem as well as I can't get it to work no matter what I try.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
From the time it went out I was expecting some changes like Urchin Underpass had on 2.0 to rebalance. It's still a map I have problems to deal with on Splat Zones using Octobrush, I normally play matches like "The first to get the zone for 20 seconds wins".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom