• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Back to SCL: first SCL tournament results

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword

Squids and Squidettes, we are proud to announce the results for SCL's first tournament:
Back to SCL!

16 teams entered, and only one came out alive, so give a firm round of applause to SCL's first tournament Champion:
SS JOKERS
It was a very close tournament, where every inkling really gave it their all. There were many close games, some of which were even decided by a single point. It was definitely my pleasure to run this tournament, and I hope it was a positive experience for everyone involved.

Without further ado, allow me to announce second and third place
2. Offshore: Who fought valiantly before losing in the finals to SS Jokers
3. The squid box: who lost to Offshore in the semifinals before taking the bronze from C- in a close 3rd place tiebreaker
I really do hope people enjoyed this tournament, and we plan on running more like this in the future pretty regularly. We will eventually have a real schedule to work with, so if you're looking to compete in our tournaments once again, or jump into SCL guns blazing for the first time, keep an eye out for future tournaments from us

And for every one's viewing pleasure, he's the full bracket and results:

Peace out everybody. Let me know what you thought about the tournament down below, or in the feedback topic, located Here

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Goooooooooood games. Proud of my squid babies as always. Thanks for running the tournament, trying to push them all to get involved in SCL a little more. Everyone should do, definitely has something a competitive community needs. Go sign up for SCL everyone right now!

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Congrats to Jokers (and everyone else of course)! :)
Wish i could have seen that games, but oh well.

Nair

Full Squid
NNID
Goldenwolfy
Well played everyone involved. All the woomy for everyone!

I'm anticipating the tournaments will get even better from here on out. The T.O.'s were pretty baller, people were pretty on-point with moving forward. A lot less down time, and over-all a better experience.

Ultramus

Pro Squid
Congrats to Jokers (and everyone else of course)! :)
Wish i could have seen that games, but oh well.
You can watch our whole run at my twitch: www.twitch.TV/giantpanther and also at Wolf's stream at www.twitch.TV/goldenwolf2 I'll let the other streamers post on their own but I think every team had one.

Big thanks to my teammates for their exceptional performance and resilience, some of those games were absolutely down to the wire.

My feedback: map striking took way too long to invariably play the same maps every round :o. Also, this tournament was announced on far too short a notice before it's start time. Other than that, it ran well and quickly, so good job on that TOs.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
You can watch our whole run at my twitch: www.twitch.TV/giantpanther and also at Wolf's stream at www.twitch.TV/goldenwolf2 I'll let the other streamers post on their own but I think every team had one.

Big thanks to my teammates for their exceptional performance and resilience, some of those games were absolutely down to the wire.

My feedback: map striking took way too long to invariably play the same maps every round :scared:. Also, this tournament was announced on far too short a notice before it's start time. Other than that, it ran well and quickly, so good job on that TOs.
We'll definitely take this into consideration. We're thinking about a Halo style map picking next time and starting sign ups MUCH earlier. :)

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword

My feedback: map striking took way too long to invariably play the same maps every round :scared:. Also, this tournament was announced on far too short a notice before it's start time. Other than that, it ran well and quickly, so good job on that TOs.
oh trust me, I'm not going to post a tournament signup 3 days before next time :P. That was a huge mistake on my part

our map striking was us kind of just playing it really safe. We wanted to make sure things went well and the rules were solid. Map rules are the thing we are most open to experimenting with, so expect that to change until we have something we really like.

luigisly

Full Squid
Watch Offshore's run on my twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/luigisly

Suggestions for next time, something should be done about mode striking, it really limits what is played on the first game, almost always guaranteed to go one mode. (Semis for us was 3 games of tower control) Its the same problem IoS had for winner finals. Striking from the full map pool is also really time consuming and hard to think about in a short amount of time. Bo3 also seems really short, it really puts the pressure on winning the first game. If the first game is a loss already having a team's back up against the wall just because of one game is a huge deal.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Ye rotate modes and put a time cap on striking. Rotating is the most friendly to both teams IMO.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Should we rotate modes between rounds or during rounds?
During. SZ -> TC -> SZ or if organizers find RM viable SZ -> TC -> SZ.

Basically:

No Rainmaker: Start with Splat Zones as game 1 or coin flip. Rotate SZ -> TC -> SZ etc
If RM is part of it: mode strike for game 1. coin flip remaining modes game 2 then rotate based on that. ex: TC chosen as first mode. coin flip SZ second. Rotation would be TC -> SZ -> RM -> TC etc

Still think BO5 should be minimum for games. BO3 is too short IMO.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Congrats everyone and GGs. Little hectic before, but it's all good. Very nice, neat small tourney. Like to see more like it in the future.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
During. SZ -> TC -> SZ or if organizers find RM viable SZ -> TC -> SZ.

Basically:

No Rainmaker: Start with Splat Zones as game 1 or coin flip. Rotate SZ -> TC -> SZ etc
If RM is part of it: mode strike for game 1. coin flip remaining modes game 2 then rotate based on that. ex: TC chosen as first mode. coin flip SZ second. Rotation would be TC -> SZ -> RM -> TC etc

Still think BO5 should be minimum for games. BO3 is too short IMO.
I definitely bring this up with the other organizers. Thanks for the insight.

Light Brand

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CobaltWeavile
I liked this tourney; it was well ran. I've been seeing some people who didn't like the Bo3 - I'm fine with Bo3, at least until quarterfinals (whatever stage in the bracket that is). However, the Bo3 sets in combination with the tourney only being single elim really wasn't great.

So for the future, I'd like to see Bo5 from quarters/semis on and double elim. Just my two cents though!

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I liked this tourney; it was well ran. I've been seeing some people who didn't like the Bo3 - I'm fine with Bo3, at least until quarterfinals (whatever stage in the bracket that is). However, the Bo3 sets in combination with the tourney only being single elim really wasn't great.

So for the future, I'd like to see Bo5 from quarters/semis on and double elim. Just my two cents though!
Cool :D
Yep, we wanted to make sure that we were able to accomplish getting the teams a positive experience. Especially for a first tournament we wanted to see what we were able to do, without compromising that experience. With the tournament running well, we'll definitely be working on ruleset, having matches be Bo5. Whatever we feel we are able to add without compromising the teams' experience :)

Keep up the feedback guys, every opinion counts

BIG Shoutout to @Fightersword and @Aweshucks who took the tournament upon their backs and got it running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom