Backline meta discussion

TBob408

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5648-5506-6493
So I'm my team's (Stars Align) backline, and I pretty much only play vpencil and zf charge (if our flex plays zap). I'd like to pose the question, if your a player trying to choose a backline weapon to practice for your team, is there anything else besides these two to practice? For example, do you think there may be map/modes where a strange weapon pick may have some sort of advantage? im currently submitting myself to pencil jail til it gets nerfed, and just wanna be prepared for if/when it does.

leonidasxlii

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4386-9064-9316
It's possible that the storm buff will see more usage, so red pencil, cjet, or even explo are weapons to look into. Also I think RBPD is a great pocket to pull out when necessary (I currently use it exclusively on Sturgeon TC)

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
I think at low or mid level it's perfectly fine if you want to look into other stuff even if at top level you should probably always just have vanilla pencil. My group's mostly been using Ballpoint in the rare case where we feel the need for one, but otherwise have spent a majority of our time running backless with Stamper or Squeezer filling in as the "anchor" of sorts. Fitting a Tacticooler option might be a bit weird but it's once again, perfectly fine if you're below top level in my opinion.

M2Nova

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4074-1996-1312
Honestly just practice whatever feels good to you atm. As long as you have a cooler and something to deal with long range be it a charger, squeezer, stamper, ballpoint, crab or zooka you are good but vPencil and Z+F are a good start if you enjoy those weapons. Red Pencil is also something I think more people should look into espcailly for Zones and Clams.

Supa Fern

Inkster Jr.
"map/modes where a strange weapon pick may have some sort of advantage?"
We have mincemeat Zones where E-Liter is a must and does create an argument that maps can be weapon dependent. But apart from very discussed maps, you mostly have to look at your current history with maps you play just as much and your team synergy.
I would suggest adding e-liter to your weapon poll(wave break buff kinda hot) but play other weapons in Solo Q to calm the mind from playing too much pencil if you feeling jailed by it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom