Bamboozler in competitive?

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Title says it all. I'm wondering how the Bamboozler would fair is competitive as it is one of my favorite weapons in the game but I'm not sure about it's viability.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
I believe it can be useful, but it all depends on the wall, and thats it. Its also good in competitive Turf War, being one of the best chargers for that purpouse. So, not really. I'm sure other people could say yes, but personally I think it needs an really skilled player to use somewhat effectively in Ranked.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I believe it can be useful, but it all depends on the wall, and thats it. Its also good in competitive Turf War, being one of the best chargers for that purpouse. So, not really. I'm sure other people could say yes, but personally I think it needs an really skilled player to use somewhat effectively in Ranked.
I actually think thins thing is pretty terrible for Turf War imo. It's trail is very tiny and thin so it does get a lot of points in general.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
I actually think thins thing is pretty terrible for Turf War imo. It's trail is very tiny and thin so it does get a lot of points in general.
Its mostly just its RoF being so high, it can cover a small space in 10-20 seconds. Thats all, but it makes it great (or decent for overall weapons)

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
The Bamboozler definitely has an awesome load out attached to it that gives it some merit in competitive, Walls and Wails see a lot of use in all the ranked modes. The way its attributes are though, I imagine it would take an exceptionally skilled player to make the most out of it. It might make a good counterpick weapon however, but I'm not too familiar with what it is great against.

polysaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
laffysapphy
I think that it's worth noting that this weapon technically outclasses the squiffer in mobility, range, and I'm pretty sure ttk if you tap the second shot. And when you put its loadout into the equation, I do think this weapon is incredibly viable in a competitive setting, especially if it's being used by someone who has no trouble getting two shots in. The Mk II will have disruptors, making it the longest range disrupter-bearing weapon in the game, so I'm really excited to see how that one pans out in competitive play.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Bamboozler is nuts considering how good it actually is. BUT of course it's one of the most difficult weapons in the game and there will be only very few players who want to spend their time in mastering the gun if there are easier options available.

That said I think we will definitely see high level Bamboozlers in competitive sometime when players will reach the limits of the other guns.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
It's a solid weapon. In terms of viability I think it depends more on how a team would incorporate and utilize it. Tbh, I don't think there are enough people who can really exploit it just yet for it to be meta. It's an interesting weapon and I'm not quite sure which role it would play as although its a charger weapon, walls make it more mobile.

I would like to see it in play more as well however I would like to see a better kit for it,one issue that stands out for it is its bad for map control and up close play yet has the same kit as a .52 gal which does well close up. The wall makes sense, the wail, not so much. Likewise from what I imagine it would likely take the spot of a .92 deco, having the advantage of accuracy over rng, yet it would have to use walls wisely as it doesn't have the kraken for close encounters like .96 does. Also I see it struggling on certain maps like Arowana and Triggerfish where longer range chargers would not be threatened and close range weapons would keep it from really pushing into the action. I could also be wrong about it taking the .96 decos place but like I said, we haven't seen enough of it used effectively in competitive to really make a call on its role.

CoolSquid

Inkling
NNID
Xx_SwiftStar_xX
You can charge it up fully, shoot them, and then you follow up with an uncharged one to follow up for the kill.

SweetK

Inkling
NNID
SweetKeester
Weapon is seriously underrated. In my book I would put it right up there as Top tier.

Like the Jet squelcher, its hard to use but if you understand how to space yourself away from people and have the accuracy it literally melts.
OMG! Melting Bamboo? Isn't that a band? (jk)
I think I only played one round of ranked against one, and she was insanely accurate, so I'm with Dude. If you know how to use it properly and know your limits, you can compete with the best (BSGG?)
;-)
SweetK

Monster

Inkling
NNID
Monster453
The Mk II will have disruptors, making it the longest range disrupter-bearing weapon in the game, so I'm really excited to see how that one pans out in competitive play.
Do we know what the Mk II's Special will be?

Monster

Inkling
NNID
Monster453
Echolocator.
That could be interesting. echo and disruptor are really gonna give that thing some extra tools that I think it needs. I've been trying it out lately and part of me wants to pick it up as a secondary because it is so much fun to use, but it will definitely be very time consuming to learn.

Ultramus

Pro Squid
It can certainly be good, especially as a rifle type weapon, I feel like a lot of teams that run it unfortunately have it being used by their sole sniper, so when going up against another charger with longer range and instant kill, it can really fall flat. Also the fact that it requires 2 hit confirms, it seems negligible but when someone is swimming at you you don't really want to have to hit them twice, because that means you have to be accurate two times as often to get kills.

Basically, unless you are 100% accurate, you are going to have instance where you may miss a kill on someone you got a charge shot on, and that doesn't happen with Scope/Liter.

NSTC used a bamboozler in 2-3 of the matches against us today, I can't quite recall the player using it but he was quite skilled, the weapon definitely has a high skill ceiling.

Robotguy

Inkling
It can certainly be good, especially as a rifle type weapon, I feel like a lot of teams that run it unfortunately have it being used by their sole sniper, so when going up against another charger with longer range and instant kill, it can really fall flat. Also the fact that it requires 2 hit confirms, it seems negligible but when someone is swimming at you you don't really want to have to hit them twice, because that means you have to be accurate two times as often to get kills.

Basically, unless you are 100% accurate, you are going to have instance where you may miss a kill on someone you got a charge shot on, and that doesn't happen with Scope/Liter.

NSTC used a bamboozler in 2-3 of the matches against us today, I can't quite recall the player using it but he was quite skilled, the weapon definitely has a high skill ceiling.
Smashley was playing Bamboozler for us yesterday. He's quite good at it (Along with most other weapons).

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I feel like the MK II is going to create a lot more Bamboozler players. It's going to be a lot easier for people to get kills if they are shooting at a distrupted enemy.

Though I personally think the MK I is be the over all better competitive weapon because of the all the utility you can get from Splash Walls and Killer Wails.

Power

Inkling Commander
The weapon is underrated I will say, probably because of the required skill to use it to its potential.Also, I am feeling that people haven't found the greatest way to integrate it into certain game types or wrestle with whether or not a 3k should be used over it. It is something to look out for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom