• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Battle Dojo Discussion

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture

Welcome to the Multiplayer Discussion Board's Battle Dojo Discussion Thread!

This tread is for general discussion regarding the Battle Dojo. Be sure to keep discussion in this thread about the Battle Dojo and related topics.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I've played Battle Dojo a few times, it's definitely.. okay. The frame-rate drop is kinda dumb, and I wish they expanded on this mode more. :(

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Anyone think it is possible to run a Battle Dojo local tournament? Haven't really played it yet, but I'd love to give Splatoon some kind of early tournament exposure

IrisZ

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
Anyone think it is possible to run a Battle Dojo local tournament? Haven't really played it yet, but I'd love to give Splatoon some kind of early tournament exposure
That'd require a lot of WiiUs and fresh $70 Splatoon discs

I'd totally do it if I had the money. I've seen some WiiUs go for around $150 (unfortunately) in my area so I can see if I can pick a few up

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Little trick on Battle dojo that is probably known. If you and a partner have the same number of balloons (preferably none), then the game will stay in overtime until someone pops a balloon. This is great for allowing you and your partner to experiment and play around with weapons or just infinitely deathmatch each other. This is how I started the game so I could learn the controls.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
That'd require a lot of WiiUs and fresh $70 Splatoon discs

I'd totally do it if I had the money. I've seen some WiiUs go for around $150 (unfortunately) in my area so I can see if I can pick a few up
We can easily get around 4 setups at my local. Might try to have a small Battle Dojo side event

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
I love Battle Dojo! It's the only way my brother and I can play at the same time.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I wish it allowed more than 2 players, that's for sure. The game has a lot of potential with 2v2.

Or even an online Private Room mode or something.

Or perhaps have a vs AI mode in Battle Dojo against the Octolings or whatnot.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I enjoy playing this with my sister now and then. I just wish it had more classes to choose from.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I think you'd run into the problem of Motion vs. Stick controls. Unless the Wii U Pro allows for motion controls that I'm not aware of, you'd run into that problem. I know for a fact I'm nowhere near as good with the Stick controls as I am the motion controls.

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
Wish I could even play this mode, I have yet to pick up a pro controller. I'm not sure if it's worth it. Seems very fun though!

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
I think you'd run into the problem of Motion vs. Stick controls. Unless the Wii U Pro allows for motion controls that I'm not aware of, you'd run into that problem. I know for a fact I'm nowhere near as good with the Stick controls as I am the motion controls.
There is. You have to tie a wii mote to the back of the pro controller and press two buttons, there's tons of articles about it. Its even in one of the sunken scrolls!

Lakitu1134

Inkling
NNID
bucken2
Ugh, can someone tell my why the selection of weapons and stages are so small? I can only assume the DLC stages are withheld because it has something to do with outfitting every stage to be able to render on both the TV and GamePad separately (which might come in a future update), but jeez, that shouldn't be the case for the weapons too.

They have to assume that there are SOME people playing this mode, I really hope they're not intentionally neglecting it. Every time I ask these types of questions on youtube my only response is "Find a better local multiplayer game!"

Flamjam

Inkling
NNID
Flamjam
Hey, forgot to mention this. I see comments wondering about a tournament based on this - up in sunny ol' Scotland, we did that! It was kinda small, but it turned out to be great fun. Not the most competitive, given that RNG with the powerups was a REALLY big factor (I got a lot of undeserved wins because of it). But great fun, nontheless.

Anyway, we streamed a lot of matches! You can find them here:

Part 1:

Part 2:
(up to about 50 mins)

I'm in some of them too, I guess!

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Two thing:
1) Whats the best weapon for Battle Dojo? Is it chargers?
2) For people struggling with having enough Wii Us at tournaments, just require that the entrants bring their own from home. They take 30 seconds to plug in.

Awesome98911

Inkling
NNID
Schaefl14
Nintendo needs to put some kind of motion control in the pro controllers. If your a motion control player, it gets really tough using the stick. Whenever I use the gamepad, I win, but whenever I use the pro controller, I lose.

Spacent

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iOmgei
I've always had an idea about how they can make battle dojo a bit more fun. Maybe every week they change the stages or weapons, or at least put some kind of rotation in it so we don't have the same weapons or maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom