Battle Jams (Who's your favorite Splatoon band?)

Which is your favorite band?

• Total voters

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Simple question. Which ones of Splatoon or Splatoon 2's fictional bands do you like listening to the most in battle.

Just to limit the options, I'm keeping this exclusive to regular battle bands, so no Squid Sisters or Off the Hook.

Here's a link to the Inkipedia page with the music. https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Music

Squid Squad - The original OG Splatoon band with their very iconic squid rock.
  • Splattack!
  • Ink or Sink
  • Seaskape
  • Kraken Up
  • Metalpod

Chirpy Chips/ABXY - The chiptunes band.
  • Shellfie/Friend List
  • Split and Splat/Quick Start

Hightide Era - The piano rock band.
  • Hooked
  • Sucker Punch

Wet Floor - Splatoon 2's duo vocal rock band.
  • Inkoming!
  • Undertow
  • Rip Entry
  • Don't Slip
  • Endolphin Surge

Bottom Feeders - The Celtic rock band.
  • Seafoam Shanty
  • Fins & Fiddles
  • Shipwreckin'

Ink Theory - The avant garde jazz band.
  • Riptide Rupture
  • Broken Coral

I have to say I've fallen in love with Ink Theory's avant garde jazz. It's so different, not even having vocals, but still encompasses the chaotic nature of Splatoon. Also props to the person shredding that trumpet.

Last edited:

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
It was between Bottom Feeders and Squid Squad for me. I think I’ll have to go with the Squad though because as good as the Bottom Feeders are, the nostalgia I have for songs like Seaskape and Kraken up is just too strong. (Also @Gameboy224 you do realize this thread could possibly turn into a cesspool of hate for the new music, right?)

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I have to go with Ink Theory and the jazz. This is actually the only music that I have noticed while playing, so it really speaks to me. I might have a bias though, as I am a trumpet player and that person is reeeally good.

Ron'NeilV3

Full Squid
NNID
Ronneil_koopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-3809-0916-6288
Chirpy Chips for me.

Wet floor had some nice Bops in Splat 2, and surprisingly so did Ink theory (who I hated at first) but my favorite Splatoon Song ever will always be “ShellFie” That song is just too good to me! I wish it came back in Splat 2 tho:(

But Wet floor and Ink theory are close 2nds.

Veggiemart

Inkling
NNID
RavePartyNation
Switch Friend Code
SW-1767-8941-7781
Well, it’s more 50/50, but’s it’s still there. Most people dislike it because they think it “doesn’t fit” in Splatoon, which makes no sense in my opinion.
I think the music in the campaign is fantastic but as far as online battle music goes on it’s own I’d say it’s average just don’t think much of it, not my cup of tea but when I’m hearing that every single battle I’m gonna get annoyed quite a bit.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I think the music in the campaign is fantastic but as far as online battle music goes on it’s own I’d say it’s average just don’t think much of it, not my cup of tea but when I’m hearing that every single battle I’m gonna get annoyed quite a bit.
That’s totally fine, everyone can think what they want. I personally never get tired of the multiplayer songs, though.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I'm honestly shocked by the results of this poll. I guess more people have warmed up to Splatoon 2's new music, although I can't say I have. Squid Squad is my favorite by a country mile; I'm not shocked by the poll result for this one.

Chirpy Chips for me.
As of now, Chirpy Chips is shown as having zero votes.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
As of now, Chirpy Chips is shown as having zero votes.
NOT ANYMORE! :p

Going back on topic, both songs from the Chirpy Chips were my personal favorites in Splatoon so they get my vote. Sad that the songs from the first game weren't included with the current songs we have.

Aside from that, some honorable mentions will go to Ink Theory, Hightide Era, and Squid Squad being on my list of "favorite Splatoon bands".

BashfulBetta

Inkster Jr.
chirpy chips (loved listening to split and splat) was my favorite in splatoon 1
in splatoon 2, i love ink theory (fav is broken coral) now. but i wish there was just a couple more from them tbh

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
I must admit that I just LOOOOOVE ink theory and wet floor. These two band’s styles really seem to fit with the themes of Splatoon. I think it’s sad that some people think that ink theory’s music doesn’t go with splatoon’s vibe, but I personally think this is because
It’s so different to anything we’ve seen before! (But BOY does it sound good!)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Well, it’s more 50/50, but’s it’s still there. Most people dislike it because they think it “doesn’t fit” in Splatoon, which makes no sense in my opinion.
I find the transition from the main Ink Theory songs to the 1-minute one to be real jarring, which is what makes it stick out so bad for me. That, and it doesn't really fit any aesthetic related to Splatoon whereas the rest of the songs at least somewhat match the general theme of the game.

That and i just flat out dislike ink theory

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I find the transition from the main Ink Theory songs to the 1-minute one to be real jarring, which is what makes it stick out so bad for me. That, and it doesn't really fit any aesthetic related to Splatoon whereas the rest of the songs at least somewhat match the general theme of the game.

That and i just flat out dislike ink theory
Hey, that’s fine. It’s obvious the music wasn’t gonna please everyone. I didn’t care for Ink Theory much either when they were first shown, but they’ve grown on me quite a bit. I just think Nintendo is trying to expand the genres in Splatoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom