• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Bayonetta Social: Vigrid, City of Deja Vu

Switch Friend Code
SW-1979-9179-2672
So I just recently finished the maingames of Bayonetta 1 and 2 and WOW! They're absolutely incredible! I've always meant to play Bayonetta, but I only got around to it after she was announced for Smash, and man do I regret waiting this long. They have such beautiful, finely-tuned gameplay, great enemy variety and an incredibly deep combo system. I'm gonna be playing through Bayonetta 2 again on 3rd Climax difficulty soon!

Any other Bayonetta fans here?

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Bayonetta 2 is one of my top 3 Wii U games. Amazing gamefeel, the combat is so fluid and impactful, set pieces are ridiculously spectacular and the pacing is frantic and chaotic without sacrificing visibility. l thought it blew TW101 out of the water (a particularly overrated and quite crap game IMO) and l liked it better than the first Bayonetta too, it was a more streamlined experience that fixed most of the frustrating aspects of the original.

Here's to hoping Bayonetta 3 is released on the NX.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Finished bayonetta 1 recently. So awesome. Greag combat, great humour, great soundtrack. not to mention the fact that bayonetta herself is really sexy. My favorite part of the first one is when she mentions her hate for crying children, cocroaches and crying baby cocroaches XD

EDIT: lol, i can't write ****roach without the site censoring it.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I love Bayo~ I played the first one in 2012 and the 2nd when it came out last year.

I think I like 1 slightly better than 2, but not by much. Both are my favorite hack n slash games ever.

I think theres a lot of contention over whether its better or worse than DMC 3 or 4. I think its better in a lot of ways. Might just be biased in favor of Bayo because shes so attractive... but actually, I think the gameplay is more fluid and rhythmic, the storyline is more over the top (lets face is, Bayo would destroy Dante in a fight...), and the scale of combat is just more extreme.

DMC games are still fantastic and I think Hideki Kamiya ought to somehow return to that series for a *real* DMC5, but that all depends on Capcom.
Bayo feels like the natural progression of his creative direction from DMC4, though. Simply stunning.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
l don't think Kamiya worked on DmC4, the director was Itsuno (the guy who recently did Dragon's Dogma). l think DmC is probably more complex than Bayonetta and is probably more satisfying for harcore beat em up players but since l'm a rather casual fan of the genre l like Bayo's accessibility better.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
l don't think Kamiya worked on DmC4, the director was Itsuno (the guy who recently did Dragon's Dogma). l think DmC is probably more complex than Bayonetta and is probably more satisfying for harcore beat em up players but since l'm a rather casual fan of the genre l like Bayo's accessibility better.
Ah, you're right, but I recall a tweet where Kamiya said to a fan that he's ready to make DMC5 whenever Capcom is. Haha

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
Bayonetta 1 was my top favorite game until Splatoon came out. It's so good. I like Bayo2 less but that's just me, both are great though. IMO the first game has one of the best balanced and in-depth combat systems ever created, right up there with DMC3&4.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Here's an interesting topic of discussion. What's your favorite weapon in both games? In the first one, my favorite in the first one are the katana, the onyx roses (sawn off shotguns) and the durga (elemental cat claws). the durga is definitely one of the fastest and strongest weapon in the first game. In the second it's the chainsaws. My god the chainsaws are fun as hell. Cutting your opponents up feels so nice. I also really like the scythe (like the katana, it's a weapon i've always been a fan of) and the whip because of how well it can take out numerous weak opponents.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I havent played 1 in about 4 years, so I cant really remember what I used. As for 2, though, I liked these two combos the most: kefka (the arrows right?) and chainsaws on legs, or the whip with chain chomp on legs. I found these set ups to have good long range/damage control maneuvers along with hard-hitting leg moves for up close or downed opponents.

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
In the first game, Sai Fung and Shuraba. Sai Fung owns so hard cuz of how good its stagger rate is and it looks awesome. The second game, probably Alruna and Chernobog. Cool concepts for weapons and they're both really fun to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom