Beacon Defense: Private Battle Mode Idea

Do you like the idea

• Total voters

TheBlueTunicGuy

Inkling
NNID
TheBlue-TunicGuy
Ok recently I was in a discord group doing private battle and I got a pretty fresh idea.
1. each member of your team uses a beacon sub weapon
2. you take a minute and a half placing down beacons strategically around the map
3. after the allotted time you are no longer allowed to place beacons
4.Objective defend your beacons and destroy the enemy ones.
5. the first team to destroy all the enemies beacons wins.
6. the team that won takes the rainmaker
7. next to further the objective kill the rainmaker enemy then place a beacon where they died and take the rainmaker for yourself
8.note no more then one beacon for your team after the defense period also no super jumping to the beacon just sounds like a bad time
9.when the enemy picks off that one beacon they may kill you place their beacon then further the objective
10. as per usual it works like rainmaker scoring but with the beacon defense rules
11.one last thing no more then the twelve allotted beacons during defense respawning beacons would make it unfair and no one would win
tell me if you like the idea I thought it was pretty good myself

Luxin

Inkling
NNID
Luxin_the_Squid
Hi, I don't know if you remember me, but I was in the private room for a match or so when you first tested this out yesterday. After that, I came up with my own ruleset for a beacon defense mode. Here's what I came up with:
This mode requires at least 3 players per team to be effective. At least one player on each team must use a weapon equipped with the Squid Beakon sub-weapon, and is designated as the beacon layer for that team. Other members can use such weapons as well, but they are banned from using their subs at all times.

The mode is set to Rainmaker, any map. For the first minute, the beacon layers only are allowed to leave spawn and move around. They have this much time to set up all three of their beacons anywhere on their side of the map the other team can reach (the designation of sides should be pretty obvious here, but in case it isn’t it may be best to refrain from placing them in the middle region of the map, such as where the Splat Zone is on single-zone maps). When there are 4 minutes left on the clock, the other players can leave spawn, with the objective of destroying the other team’s beacons before theirs are destroyed. Layers cannot set up new beacons at any time, they must wait until all are destroyed.

Once one team destroys all three of the other team’s beacons, their layer must then move to mid and pick up the Rainmaker without setting up any new beacons. This is how score is calculated: number of seconds in possession of the Rainmaker. If the Rainmaker’s timer hits 0 and explodes, the team currently in possession automatically wins in a knockout (simply finish the Rainmaker match as quickly as possible to exit).When holding it, the layer cannot move, shoot, or otherwise act, just stand still in the place they picked it up (in kid form, so they’re easier to kill later and the timer is always visible). The team with the Rainmaker will be from here on out be called the possessing team, and the other team the attacking team for clarification purposes.

With the possessing team’s layer stuck immobile with the Rainmaker, the attacking team must now do two things to stop the countdown clock. The first is to destroy the possessing team’s remaining beacons, which should be possible as it is now a 3v4 for them, and the second is to set at least one more beacon. Once this is done, the attacking team must kill the Rainmaker as quickly as possible and take it, switching the team roles. It is the responsibility of both the person who kills the Rainmaker and the holder who is killed to record the number on the timer when they are killed. These numbers are subtracted from 60 and become points for the team in possession. If these rules are followed, the team who first took possession will be winning by a score of 99-100 at the end if a knockout does not occur. If the team who did not take it first is in possession when the match timer runs out, overtime/extra time will begin. This should be played out for the duration of the possession, and is allowed to continue to a knockout.

It is possible for ties to occur in this since it isn’t an official mode with measures to counter it inherent in the game. In case of a score tie, the team with the most possessions wins, and if that is a tie as well, the team who destroyed the most beacons overall wins. I am aware that this can still result in a tie, and that the third criteria is flawed on the grounds that a team has some control over how many beacons their opponent destroys, and would appreciate any feedback on how to fix it.

Other general rules:

· No super jumping to beacons for obvious reasons. Jumping to teammates, including the Rainmaker, is OK

· Inkstrikes and Inkzookas can be used to destroy beacons. If you lose all 3 because of one, that’s your layer’s fault for putting them in such a way.

o It is, however, illegal to put your beacons in such a way that the spawn point barrier blocks those specials from hitting them. Putting them under stuff so an Inkstrike can’t hit them is OK.

· Layers can’t attack each other during the first 1-minute phase. They also shouldn’t leave their side of the map during that time anyway.

o For Bluefin Depot, each team can claim the right side of the lower area (looking from their respective spawns) as their own

· Every time the layer places beacons except for the first time, they can choose whether to place one, two, or all three. This creates a tradeoff as to whether or not they should place one beacon and get a possession as quickly as possible, or to set up all three and play defensive.

Do you have any thoughts on this version?

TheBlueTunicGuy

Inkling
NNID
TheBlue-TunicGuy
Hi, I don't know if you remember me, but I was in the private room for a match or so when you first tested this out yesterday. After that, I came up with my own ruleset for a beacon defense mode. Here's what I came up with:
This mode requires at least 3 players per team to be effective. At least one player on each team must use a weapon equipped with the Squid Beakon sub-weapon, and is designated as the beacon layer for that team. Other members can use such weapons as well, but they are banned from using their subs at all times.

The mode is set to Rainmaker, any map. For the first minute, the beacon layers only are allowed to leave spawn and move around. They have this much time to set up all three of their beacons anywhere on their side of the map the other team can reach (the designation of sides should be pretty obvious here, but in case it isn’t it may be best to refrain from placing them in the middle region of the map, such as where the Splat Zone is on single-zone maps). When there are 4 minutes left on the clock, the other players can leave spawn, with the objective of destroying the other team’s beacons before theirs are destroyed. Layers cannot set up new beacons at any time, they must wait until all are destroyed.

Once one team destroys all three of the other team’s beacons, their layer must then move to mid and pick up the Rainmaker without setting up any new beacons. This is how score is calculated: number of seconds in possession of the Rainmaker. If the Rainmaker’s timer hits 0 and explodes, the team currently in possession automatically wins in a knockout (simply finish the Rainmaker match as quickly as possible to exit).When holding it, the layer cannot move, shoot, or otherwise act, just stand still in the place they picked it up (in kid form, so they’re easier to kill later and the timer is always visible). The team with the Rainmaker will be from here on out be called the possessing team, and the other team the attacking team for clarification purposes.

With the possessing team’s layer stuck immobile with the Rainmaker, the attacking team must now do two things to stop the countdown clock. The first is to destroy the possessing team’s remaining beacons, which should be possible as it is now a 3v4 for them, and the second is to set at least one more beacon. Once this is done, the attacking team must kill the Rainmaker as quickly as possible and take it, switching the team roles. It is the responsibility of both the person who kills the Rainmaker and the holder who is killed to record the number on the timer when they are killed. These numbers are subtracted from 60 and become points for the team in possession. If these rules are followed, the team who first took possession will be winning by a score of 99-100 at the end if a knockout does not occur. If the team who did not take it first is in possession when the match timer runs out, overtime/extra time will begin. This should be played out for the duration of the possession, and is allowed to continue to a knockout.

It is possible for ties to occur in this since it isn’t an official mode with measures to counter it inherent in the game. In case of a score tie, the team with the most possessions wins, and if that is a tie as well, the team who destroyed the most beacons overall wins. I am aware that this can still result in a tie, and that the third criteria is flawed on the grounds that a team has some control over how many beacons their opponent destroys, and would appreciate any feedback on how to fix it.

Other general rules:

· No super jumping to beacons for obvious reasons. Jumping to teammates, including the Rainmaker, is OK

· Inkstrikes and Inkzookas can be used to destroy beacons. If you lose all 3 because of one, that’s your layer’s fault for putting them in such a way.

o It is, however, illegal to put your beacons in such a way that the spawn point barrier blocks those specials from hitting them. Putting them under stuff so an Inkstrike can’t hit them is OK.

· Layers can’t attack each other during the first 1-minute phase. They also shouldn’t leave their side of the map during that time anyway.

o For Bluefin Depot, each team can claim the right side of the lower area (looking from their respective spawns) as their own

· Every time the layer places beacons except for the first time, they can choose whether to place one, two, or all three. This creates a tradeoff as to whether or not they should place one beacon and get a possession as quickly as possible, or to set up all three and play defensive.

Do you have any thoughts on this version?
I like this version a lot more seeing as the rules prevent any easy wins, do you think we could test it out later today?

Luxin

Inkling
NNID
Luxin_the_Squid
I'm not available, sorry, but if you want to try it out with people on Discord, just link them to this thread. It doesn't matter to me if I'm actually there to test it as long as I can get feedback from at least some of the participants later.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
hi i was there as well
I think adding the rainmaker into the mix can make things every confusing I would just stick to defend the beacons and who ever breaks all the beakons wins that way it won't get to crazy and confusing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom