been having a really bad experience commissioning a Splatoon artist

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
I occasionally browse Reddit for both the game talk and the art, and an artist that replicates the Splatoon style really well posted a commission sheet on there, it got nearly a thousand upvotes and many comments showing interest. After looking through all their art spanning from the days of Splatoon 2 on social media, I hit them up with my idea, paid a large sum of money for a full render, and waited.

About a month later, enough updates came by that we had the sketch complete. The artist was starting to ink and color it (the snippet is about 30% of the total picture), and I couldn't have been happier with how it was turning out. That last update was about 14 months ago now, and their social media has been dead since then as well. Every few months they get back to my messages to provide an excuse on why they haven't finished it yet, such as having to move a couple of different times, searching for a job, or not having internet access.

I don't want to believe I got scammed, I don't think they would get so far and keep up with responding otherwise, but I haven't felt safe commissioning any other artist while waiting for this. I just got a response tonight saying that they just moved into their home and I could expect the art this week, not sure if I can rely on that but we will see. Just wanted to share this to get it off my chest and see if anyone else has had a similar experience or had some sort of advice for the future.

ApplicationFrameHost_T6mnT49Vzj.png

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
Is that reisharko? If so, I've also commissioned them and it did take a bit for me to get the delivery (attached). But it was well worth the wait for me. I can attest it's not a scam but it did take time. Just gotta be patient.

Sometimes **** happens in the artist's life outside of their control. Granted I do think waiting over a year is a bit excessive, but they're still keeping contact with you. I've had the displeasure of being ghosted by an artist and never got my commission delivered.

IMG_0586.png

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Sometimes **** happens in the artist's life outside of their control. Granted I do think waiting over a year is a bit excessive, but they're still keeping contact with you. I've had the displeasure of being ghosted by an artist and never got my commission delivered.
Really sorry to hear that this happened, that is what I fear happening in the end but maybe I should just be thankful that they are still giving me some sort of updates, I am known for being naive and getting into trouble for it so it's hard to know when to give someone the benefit of the doubt. They probably have just been really unprofessional if anything.

Funny thing, I keep having the urge to ask you for the artist of your pfp and signature haha, I desperately want something like this (AND THIS LOOKS AMAZING IN FULL) but I'm trying to be careful especially since I'm now unemployed at the moment. Will definitely look more into that artist though as I save up!

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Sorry this happened to you, must be kind of stressful :/
I hope it ends up working out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom