• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Berry Splattershot Pro Build?

Piko10e

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Darkwolf5056
Herro, i'm wondering if anyone has any good Berry Pro builds. I recently started to use it more in squads. I just dont know what to use on it tho except for ink saver main. My build so far is as follows:

:ability_damage:| :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_defenseup:| :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:ability_inkresistance:| :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

Obv thats just a build that i'm using now until I find a good one thats good. Like, I see people use :ability_damage: on the pro in ranked but idk how much it affects the pro. So i can take that out. Any gear sets would be helpful. Thanx owo

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Damage up is nice, but mostly just insurance. The Pro has enough raw damage to start with that it's a guaranteed 3-hit splat even against max defense.

aidenduh

Inkling
Damage up is for falloff damage, but some squids (including myself) like to use enough damage up to cap the Pro's damage at 49.9, so if an enemy is in your ink, it's a 2-hit splat.

My build:

:ability_tenacity:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_inksavermain:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_swimspeed:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_swimspeed:

(8 Damage Up Subs, 1 Main and 5 Subs, or 2 Mains and 2 Subs will all cap your damage to 49.9 damage)

I use Tenacity for the Berry Pro's Suction Bomb Rush, Ink Saver Main for ink management, and Swim Speed Up for mobility.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A fair point, but falloff damage still falls under "insurance" in my opinion. I mean the weapon's got such crazy bullet velocity now that anything not at max range is going to get hit.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
The berry is the most aggressive of the pro's because of it's suction bomb rush. I would opt for two mains worth of damage up to make your suction rush even more dangerous, to make fall off damage a non-issue (still a 3 hit splat) and to get 2 shot splats on enemies who have been damaged slightly by say a burst bomb or one of your own indirect suction bombs.

Other good abilities are the obvious swim and run speed up, bomb range up, some special saver or some special duration up.

So for a full build, I would use something like:

:head_cap010: :ability_specialsaver:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: or :head_met002: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_swt001: :ability_bombrange:| :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_cfs001: :ability_damage:| :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm gonna second Magnus0's advice.

Piko10e

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Darkwolf5056
Ok so what about this build then, this is just the stuff that i have

:ability_damage:| :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_inksavermain:| :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_inkrecovery:| :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:

U have the dmg up, the bomb rng up, and the inksaver with some swim speed and inksaver main

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That looks good to me. Enough damage to enhance falloff damage and suction bomb blasts, mobility, ammo, and reach. It'd certainly do.

aidenduh

Inkling
If you're using Bomb Range Up, I'd suggest more Ink Recovery Up so you can throw more Suction Bombs in a shorter time, but I'm inexperienced with this strat.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'm thinking defense, ink efficiency, and swim speed for the berry. With the added range it basically serves as the new .96 deco, where you keep try to keep good spacing and use defense to tank just enough to make sure you get all three shots in.

All that damage seems like a lot of investment for not that much payoff. But hey, if it works for you it works for you.

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
This is my build:

The ink saver is nice since the weapon consumes so much ink. The damage gives you the potential for a two-shot kill and increases the effectiveness of your bomb rush.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
I think 3 subs of damage up is not good. It's either you put something like 2 mains, or nothing. t first I didn't use any damge up on this weapon, but I needed to when I wanted to try it as an offensive player. So basically I'd advice not to put any if you're gonna be support-like, and 2 mains or so if you want to be more aggressive. It seems you use 6 subs now, so I think it's a good amount if you're aiming for some 2hko and fall off kills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom