• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Best Gear, Abilities, and Brands?

NouriZ

Full Squid
NNID
NouriZoo
Hello everyone, today I just wanted to present to the Squidboards a question for those higher level players. What abilites are most useful for A- and up ranked which is what I'm currently at and what exact gear do you use? An example of an answer could be "I use red hi tops with ink resistance because I think that it's one of the more competitive viable abilities." I just want to thank everyone in advance for all the input so thanks! ;D

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Mostly depends on what weapon/role/gamemode you have, but all are good in some way. :ability_damage: is good on chargers/blasters/some rollers to take a defensive role. :ability_specialcharge: and :ability_tenacity: are good for a weapon relying on it's special. :ability_bombrange: is good if you rely on bombs often.:ability_inksavermain: and :ability_inkrecovery: are good for weapons with high ink consumption. :ability_swimspeed: and :ability_runspeed: are good for weapons that normally swim or run often. :ability_coldblooded: and :ability_ninjasquid: are good for stealth. :ability_defenseup: counters some weapons. :ability_stealthjump: and :ability_quicksuperjump: can get you back into action quicker. :ability_inksaversub: can leave you with more ink after tossing out your sub ability. :ability_specialsaver:, :ability_quickrespawn:, and :ability_comeback:are good for modes you die alot (tower control). :ability_specialduration: makes the most out of your special. :ability_openinggambit: lets you rush to the center faster. :ability_haunt: lets you keep tabs on your opponent. :ability_recon: can help you plan an approach and super jump. :ability_lastditcheffort: lets you cover lots of turf late game. :ability_bombsniffer: lets you see sneaky mines.

The only ability that I would say is superior to the rest is :ability_inkresistance:, simply because it's easy to walk in enemy ink and it allows you to continue on without covering that tiny piece of turf or escape from enemies without having Disruptor level speeds. Brands are up to you. My favorite is Splash Mob, one because it has :ability_inksavermain:, leaving more ink in a pinch, two because they have 3 of the shirt exclusive abilities, and :ability_inkresistance:shoes, and three because it's a pun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom