• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Best Strategic Advice

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
What are some things that you do or notice that're great rules to follow in Turf War and Splat Zones? Things to do and things to look out for.

For me, I have one gigantic piece of advice for Splat Zones.

The number 1 rule to winning Splat Zones:
Stay alive. For the love of God, stay alive!

Keeping yourself alive is extremely important in this mode because you are a beacon for your teammates to jump to. If all of your teammates die and have to walk/swim all the way back to the splat zone, that gives the other team time to cover the area and position themselves to keep you back. Entire matches have been decided simply because all four people on one team got killed at once. But if at least one person is always near the splat zone, your team can quickly jump there and stop the other team before they get themselves in the perfect defensive position. I don’t care if you have to run away like a coward, just stay alive! Don’t be a hero and try to take on a bunch of people by yourself. If you need to run, then RUN!

halpenstance

Inkling
For Turf Wars, what has really helped my game is this:

Find a place on the map where you REALLY want to be, according to your weapon, and RUSH there as soon as you spawn.

For example, with the Krakon Roller on Harbor, the upper areas are great for beacons. So instead of taking time to paint the spawn, or following your allies, or derping wherever, instead rush that point before your enemies gain control of the middle area.
Another example would be in Urchin Underpass, there's a path that leads to a perfect special for the roller. Following that path sets up some crazy advantage to start the game off.

Of course, starting the game strong is really only so useful, since the whole game can turn around on you in the matter of a minute. But having a plan, carrying it out, and getting that early advantage is WAY better than running around unsure of what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom