Best Unique Headgear Ability?

nick2427

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CM86
So I have been using tenacity as my main ability in head gear, but have not been using it for that long. Does anyone who have used this ability for awhile think its worthwhile to have or no? What about the other unique head gear abilities? Anyone in favor of one of those more then tenacity?

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
very debatable . i like comeback as head gear in SZ. but i guess ink main would be a standard. Tenacity is worth while for rollers especially...just works.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
very debatable . i like comeback as head gear in SZ. but i guess ink main would be a standard. Tenacity is worth while for rollers especially...just works.
I don't know how you use rollers, but they don't strike me as benefitting as much from tenacity as other weapons like chargers, who
play more safely and have a more difficult time building specials otherwise. Tenacity doesn't help if you're prone to dying.
Do you spend a lot of time away from the zone charging a special, though?

Comeback is OK, it can help if the enemy team is pushing your base hard, but planning for failure isn't exactly a good long term strategy.
I find special saver is more useful as an anti-death ability since you can't always guarantee you'll put the comeback boosts to good use in the 10 seconds you're given, but more specials are always nice.

Opening Gambit is good if you like to take the center as soon as possible. Last-ditch effort can be godlike but is iffy in ranked due to there
being no guarantee you'll get to those last 30 seconds. In turf wars though it makes last minute victories that much more likely.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
I don't know how you use rollers, but they don't strike me as benefitting as much from tenacity as other weapons like chargers, who
play more safely and have a more difficult time building specials otherwise. Tenacity doesn't help if you're prone to dying.
Do you spend a lot of time away from the zone charging a special, though?
Yes, that's the idea. Also, in theory it should be best on slower rate of fire classes, but for charges it just seems to me there are much better abilities to have than Tenacity, such as ink saver, dmg up, special charge up

Comeback is OK, it can help if the enemy team is pushing your base hard, but planning for failure isn't exactly a good long term strategy.
I find special saver is more useful as an anti-death ability since you can't always guarantee you'll put the comeback boosts to good use in the 10 seconds you're given, but more specials are always nice.
Agree, comeback wouldn't be ideal in turf wars. I'd go with what he/she suggested here.

Opening Gambit is good if you like to take the center as soon as possible. Last-ditch effort can be godlike but is iffy in ranked due to there
being no guarantee you'll get to those last 30 seconds. In turf wars though it makes last minute victories that much more likely.
Ya last ditch is questionable in splatzone. Much more safe to run saver or anything else mentioned.

Would be even more helpful if you stated the class you main.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Yes, that's the idea. Also, in theory it should be best on slower rate of fire classes, but for charges it just seems to me there are much better abilities to have than Tenacity, such as ink saver, dmg up, special charge up

Agree, comeback wouldn't be ideal in turf wars. I'd go with what he/she suggested here.

Ya last ditch is questionable in splatzone. Much more safe to run saver or anything else mentioned.

Would be even more helpful if you stated the class you main.
Ink Saver Main isn't a unique headgear ability, you can get it through sub-abilities. I also feel as if the only charger that really benefits
from the abilities you mentioned (except special charge up because that's never a bad ability to have) is the e-liter.

I use almost every weapon in the game except for aerosprays (you need to be adaptable with rotating maps), but my favourite is probably the inkbrush.
For headgear I'm usually deciding between opening gambit and ink recovery (sub can be costly and you often need ink to move so less downtime is
appreciated). For clothes I run Ninja Squid and for footwear Ink Resistance, because the greatest success with this weapon lies in infiltrating the enemy
base to either wreak havoc there or strike the attacking team from behind, and the ability to move unseen as well as move through their ink relatively
unimpeded is important.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Ink Saver Main isn't a unique headgear ability, you can get it through sub-abilities. I also feel as if the only charger that really benefits
from the abilities you mentioned (except special charge up because that's never a bad ability to have) is the e-liter.

I use almost every weapon in the game except for aerosprays (you need to be adaptable with rotating maps), but my favourite is probably the inkbrush.
For headgear I'm usually deciding between opening gambit and ink recovery (sub can be costly and you often need ink to move so less downtime is
appreciated). For clothes I run Ninja Squid and for footwear Ink Resistance, because the greatest success with this weapon lies in infiltrating the enemy
base to either wreak havoc there or strike the attacking team from behind, and the ability to move unseen as well as move through their ink relatively
unimpeded is important.
Thanks for pointing that out. I clearly missed the op questions. Sure, subs would help nicely too! Forgot to factor that in.

Your feelings are almost irrelevant. Why is it more beneficial then regular splatter shot? Because I'd disagree based on my usage with it. I'm going to assume it's based on charge time? That would make the most sense but still really good with charge shot.

Anyways, different classes usually require different abilities so it doesn't help us if we don't know the ops class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom