• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Best Weapon/Gear combo you've found so far?

NNID
superalice256
Even though the game just launched. I'm sure most of us have found gear and weapon combo we really like. I've played a ton a recently hit level 14. The absolute best combination I've found so far is the Aerospray RG with 3 run speed up stat boosts. It is almost as good as a roller in terms of how fast I can run and cover in front of me with added versatility of the splattershot type quick fire. I got super lucky to get a a shirt to two run speed ups on it. So have you found the perfect combo for your game so far?

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
For me, Krak-On Splat Roller with Special Charge-Up and Special Duration Up, the Kraken is ready almost instantly and i can use it for a bit longer

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
For me, Krak-On Splat Roller with Special Charge-Up and Special Duration Up, the Kraken is ready almost instantly and i can use it for a bit longer
Agreed! I LOVE the Krak-ON splat roller. I get so many kills with it and the kraken. Special charge-up and Duration up as well as Special Saver is key. I hope they release clothes with those 3 combos. I think people also underestimate the use of the sub weapon Squid Beakon for Krak-ON, it has saved my team many times. Due to that I always try to get a Sub weapon ink saver item because it takes up almost all your ink, but a well placed beakon is worth the recharge. If you have room or an item with multiple its also worth it to get a defense up on it as well. It has helped me immensely when going up against guns, almost worth the sacrifice of the special ups.

RWB

Inkling
NNID
RWBN00B
Even though the game just launched. I'm sure most of us have found gear and weapon combo we really like. I've played a ton a recently hit level 14. The absolute best combination I've found so far is the Aerospray RG with 3 run speed up stat boosts. It is almost as good as a roller in terms of how fast I can run and cover in front of me with added versatility of the splattershot type quick fire. I got super lucky to get a a shirt to two run speed ups on it. So have you found the perfect combo for your game so far?
I believe someone tested the Run Speed Up gear, and that it only applied to running when NOT gunning.

bluecrow

Senior Squid
I found that ink resistance, combined with defense on rollers is generally nice to have, specially on the dynamo roller

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
I found that the splattershot jr. with the samurai gear from the boy amiibo is amazing. It gives you damage up which is always great, but more impotantly, special duration up and special charge up for your already op bubbler.;)

EDIT: Since it is two stars I suggest paying Spyke for additional slots. I actually made a list of good combinations which I will share later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom