Best Weapons For Breaking The Rainmakers Shield?

D

Deleted Member

Agree, with a gold dynamo breaking the shield is a pain. Good thing I use the regular one 90% of the times; it has the sprinkler.
Gold Dynamo has Splat Bombs and Inkstrike.

Throw a Splat Bomb, then ink flick should do the trick.

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
Gold Dynamo has Splat Bombs and Inkstrike.

Throw a Splat Bomb, then ink flick should do the trick.
Is splat bomb that good at breaking the shield? I don't use gold dynamo too often, so I don't know.

Well, the problem is kinda the same. Sprinkler or splat bomb, I always need a full tank of ink to break the shield ._.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Is splat bomb that good at breaking the shield? I don't use gold dynamo too often, so I don't know.

Well, the problem is kinda the same. Sprinkler or splat bomb, I always need a full tank of ink to break the shield ._.
Sprinkler is better at breaking the shield than Blast Bombs are. But it is all about placement. If you place the sprinkler on the ground next to the rainmaker shield is will barely hit it. Instead, if you put the sprinkler on a wall next to the rainmaker shield it will hit every time it fires which can break it pretty fast.

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
If you have a weapon with an inkstrike, it'll instantly break it. I also recommend any weapon with a higher fire rate such as Squelchers, slight downside is the ink consumption though.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
I think seeker rushes, ink strikes, killer whales, and sprinklers are good at popping the rain makers shield.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
Suction bombs can break the rainmakers shield pretty fast. If you throw them straight into the shield the explode right away. Even better if you have a bomb rush and don't have to worry about running out of ink.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If you have a weapon with an inkstrike, it'll instantly break it. I also recommend any weapon with a higher fire rate such as Squelchers, slight downside is the ink consumption though.
This post has nothing to do with the thread, but...

"higher fire rate such as squelchers"

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I'm suprised how no one mentionned the Hydra Splatlings.
Like any other splatling, it shoots super fast, but, it deals more damage than the Heavy, which proves to be quite useful when it it comes to popping it quickly.
If not, you'll manage to hold them off with that one full charge you had, hopefully giving enough time for your team to make it.

Sazando

Inkster Jr.
NNID
trexhunter720
The rainmaker has 1000 HP. Some weapons have damage multipliers when it comes to popping the rainmaker.
For example: A shooter does 1x damage, whereas a slosher deals 2.4x damage. 1 shot from a tentatek will deal 35 hp of damage on the rainmaker. 1 slosh from a tri-slosher will deal 148.8 hp of damage. So when choosing a weapon specifically to pop the RM, lean towards sloshers (2.4x damage), chargers (2.8x damage), blasters and rollers (both 2x damage). This also applies to subs and specials. The seeker is the best weapon overall for popping the RM. It has a multiplier of 3, so one one hit from a seeker will do 540 damage. Bombs are quiet good too. they have a 2x multiplier. The kraken and killer wail are the best specials for RM popping. Some weapons you want to look out for is mainly anything with a seeker, kraken or killer wail. Some good weapons are:
Tri-slosher nouveau
Tempered dynamo roller
Carbon roller
Kelp splat charger/scope
Custom e-litre 3k/scope
Krak-on splat roller
Splat roller

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Here's a theoretical suggestion... how about the Tempered? With Special Charge stacked, and with the co-operation of your team, you can get a Wail in three flicks (given that your teammates don't cover much ground at the start).
Tri-slosher nouveau
Backing this up: on linear stages (mostly Triggerfish, Mackerel and, if you're very precise, Arowana), the Tri Nouveau (and other Seeker users) have a delightful manoeuvre whereby, perhaps with some Sub Saver and Ink Recovery, they can whale on the shield as a match starts by sending two Seekers simultaneously at it - one for your transport and one the moment you arrive. Then it can use its own attacks to try to finish the deal.

Thoroughly unrelated: does your username come from Hydreigon's Japanese name?

Sazando

Inkster Jr.
NNID
trexhunter720
Here's a theoretical suggestion... how about the Tempered? With Special Charge stacked, and with the co-operation of your team, you can get a Wail in three flicks (given that your teammates don't cover much ground at the start).

Backing this up: on linear stages (mostly Triggerfish, Mackerel and, if you're very precise, Arowana), the Tri Nouveau (and other Seeker users) have a delightful manoeuvre whereby, perhaps with some Sub Saver and Ink Recovery, they can whale on the shield as a match starts by sending two Seekers simultaneously at it - one for your transport and one the moment you arrive. Then it can use its own attacks to try to finish the deal.

Thoroughly unrelated: does your username come from Hydreigon's Japanese name?
Yeah. Seekers are just too good on places like those.
Yeah my UN does come from hydreigon. You're actually the first one to notice. He's the most underrated psuedo legendary in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom