Best weapons for competitive

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
Guys when ranked comes out, what are the best weapons to use?

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Aerospray RG is the best for Turf War, no doubt in my mind. I think the E Liter 3K is gonna to be god tier for Splat Zones tho.

Aura

Infiltrator
Because of weapon sets, it's kind of difficult to answer this question. I guess I'd say Aerospray or Junior. Unfortunatly zones still aren't here so I can't say for sure.

I would say the sniper rifle, but surprisingly, it's not broken in Splatoon. Lol ^^

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
How are we supposed to know what weapons are better for a mode we never got to play?

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
just i dont know which weapon i want use..... because i love aerospray and splatter jr.... but i dont know if are viable for competitive.
also 2000 DX

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
just i dont know which weapon i want use..... because i love aerospray and splatter jr.... but i dont know if are viable for competitive.
also 2000 DX
Just use whatever you like using and try to learn how to play it well. It's a bit soon to pinpoint best and worst weapons, hell the game might be balanced enough that most weapons will have their niche.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Considering ranked mode isn't out still I have no idea.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
This question is best answered after the mode is unlocked and people have experimented. I'll update you as soon as I can.

Aura

Infiltrator
Probably wrong, but in my head, I think Chargers in zones would be effective because of enemies gathering at a single position. But again, in my head I see it's effectiveness. But in my opinion, those weapon types are way too risky and you can get wrecked up close, so I wouldn't suggest using them.

Shooters- be it Aerospray or Junior- will definitely be dominant because they're offense weapons that can defend a singular point with ease. I do it all the time on turf war so I don't see why I can't in zones.. On paper, Aerospray users- specifically the ones with landmines, will be very good at defending

Again these are all guesses and assumptions based on what I understand. I honestly can't wait for the update to come. Turf War is fun but it's time for some diversity.

K.K.

Inkling
NNID
Lumite
Aerospray RG and Rollers are generally what I see winning the most (combination of the two, per team.) Rollers are great at paint control, while the Aerospray RG is a very strong splatting tool and has one of the better sub-ults in the game.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I don't know about main weapons, but i found bombs and suction bombs to be very useful as they cannot be diffused or eleminated when they arrive, so having fast recovery on the ink and ink saver for the secondary will make things easier to spam and harass with bombs, as you can pretty much stay away from being fired upon if you're within "grenade" range.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
I have to disagree with everyone saying the Jr and Aerospray. In a straight up fight, they'll lose against anyone with more range than they have. They work fine in Turf War where hit n' run is a thing, but from what we know of Splat Zone, this probably won't be the case.

A lot of the offensive weapons that don't do the best in Turf Wars, like chargers and the .gals will probably do better here.

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
i found also splash wall works so well just for offensive options and defensive option (block the ways )

fenrir vii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
fenrir_vii
There's a difference between going for points and trying to control areas, and there are specific weapons for both situations.

Jr. and Aerospray both cover a heck of a lot of area, and are versatile enough in combat. I don't think either of them is great in PVP, but they're both serviceable. They easily get a ton of points, though, just by covering huge areas in short timeframe. Honestly I think Jr. beats rollers in terms of shear surface coverage.

For controlling an area, I really think you need a better PVP weapon or 2 on your team. Splattershot Pro, .52 gal deco, one of the squelchers all come to mind. Those guns really seem unmatched for taking out other players.

I think it really all comes down to team balance. a team with a Jr./Aerospray or 2 (or throw a roller in here at times), 1/2 of the PVP weapons, and maybe a good sniper is incredible if each person fills their rolls... The PVP player(s) pushes ground and gets kills, the coverage player(s) control all the area that the PVP players have "claimed", and the sniper/other PVP player controls high areas and stops the other team from controlling their towers (a big weakness of the Jr. and Aerospray)

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
JR is so good for supporting for the Bubble, with a special gear it can give a good support because you have bubble every time up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom