• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Big E Gaming presents Summer Jam 9 in Philadelphia

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
EDIT: Unfortunately, the Splatoon tournament was canceled due to lack of interest.

Avylon, the group I represent, is planning on running Splatoon at Summer Jam 9. Due to the logistics of the venue, we do not currently know if it will be 4v4 or 1v1, but aiming for 4v4.

The event itself is in August from Friday the 28th to Sunday the 30th. This is an FGC event which will also have Smash. Big E Gaming is also considering the possibility of running Magic: The Gathering and YuGiOh.

http://bigegaming.com/

Edit: Reminder to all interested to pre register before the cut off date (some time in July). Venue fee is much more expensive at the door.

Last edited:

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
Reminder to all interested to pre register before the cut off date (some time in July). Venue fee is much more expensive at the door.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I just want to clarify this is at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center which is about 26-30 miles outside of Philadelphia. I live in Philly and it's no where near my house lol. It's closest to Darby and Chester, PA. Just wanted to let everyone know :)!

I have a few questions about the event before I pre-register. I hope you can help...

►Will we be required to bring our own teams? Also, when it comes to a game like Splatoon, I take it we will be required to bring our own Wii U system, as well as, Gamepad?

►Will Lucas and Roy be playable in Smash Wii U? Also, are custom sets legal?

►Will Pokemon take on the VGC format as an organized event? (I'm a highly competitive VGC player, and I travel a lot to official Pokemon Company sponsored events.)

►I don't know if I'll be able to attend, but I would still like to pre-register... is there a pre-reg fee at the time of pre-reg?

Thanks in advance.

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
Sorry for the confusion, I personally consider more than just Philadelphia proper to be Philly to me (I still count places as south as Sharon Hill and as north as Jenkintown to be Philly in my head).

- Pre made teams are ideal, but nothing is stopping you from hooking up with 3 randoms you find around. We are aiming to have 8 systems with weapons unlocked and as many clothes unlocked as possible, but due to the random shop availability of equipment, bringing your own will ensure you have the abilities you want. (on my personal console, I've bought every single item every day except the first two, and I'm still missing a bunch)

- They should be unless something happens between then and now. We run EVO customs when Avylon runs it. I'll let you know by Saturday if SJ will have the Avylon ruleset. Also, there's a 1,000 pot bonus for Smash 4 and Melee, so you'll definitely have good competition there.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s9DeBRT2inYNf1xSuSzlacSGdnXLlxv-coJsooukeqY/edit?usp=sharing

- Avylon runs Smogon OU rules. The most recent change has not been added to our ruleset yet, but will be rectified shortly.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p1MT2kAh7PSw_q3VhsHw9G3E1VlRRLvVs3hFJaCFEh0/edit?usp=sharing

- It is currently $36 to pre register. All venue, processing, and main game entry fees are paid for at the time of registration. You may register at the door (late registration), but the cut off is usually 11AM on the Saturday of the event, and venue fee will be higher.
http://bigegaming.com/pre-registration/

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Which game? No stream for Splatoon unless it blows up.
You should look into recording matches and putting them on youtube though. Maybe add some 2-person commentary after the fact.

*Edit*

Also cool to see Smogon OU getting some spotlight, I'm not the biggest fan of VGC.

WowItsCharles

Inkling
NNID
WowItsCharles
So I wanted to go to the Summer Jam 9 and was going to pre register, but in the event that I couldnt make it I would like a refund, but wasnt sure if that was possible.

Anyone still thinking of going? It would be nice to get some tournament experience to see the potential for the Splatoon Competitive scene.

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
So I wanted to go to the Summer Jam 9 and was going to pre register, but in the event that I couldnt make it I would like a refund, but wasnt sure if that was possible.

Anyone still thinking of going? It would be nice to get some tournament experience to see the potential for the Splatoon Competitive scene.
Good that you didn't, then. We were not able to secure enough entrants and it had to be called off.

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
It's more than 1 away. We'll see how it goes in the future. Tournaments might be online only.

Duckator

Inkling
NNID
Duckator
What was the interest based on? When I pre-registered a few weeks ago I saw Splatoon on the side game list but not on the registration page so I just assumed sign ups for it were on site only. I know of a couple other people going that would be interested as well.
I hope it's there in some form at least. I would love a chance to play it offline.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Yeah lets keep this up, I like this sort of thing. I'm really into Tournaments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom