Blaster help

Snipe-sound

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snipesound
I have been trying out blasters lately and i find it hard to visualize hit boxs i don't know if i should go for direct or splash dmg they feel so diffrent then shooters tips greatly appreciated

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
I have been trying out blasters lately and i find it hard to visualize hit boxs i don't know if i should go for direct or splash dmg they feel so diffrent then shooters tips greatly appreciated
Go for direct damage as much as you can, but use indirect damage to attack around walls or corners.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
Don't forget that every time you jump, you increase the chances of rng when shooting, i.e. when your shots curve way too far to the left or right. So as much as it seems natural to jump to gain more distance to stay within your effective range, try to stay grounded.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Blasters aren't my strongest suit, but I'll throw out a general tip xP

When someone is trying to hide behind cover or you just missed a direct hit and landed an indirect, indirects are the way to go.
Otherwise, directs will be your go to when trying to splat an exposed squid.
Also, for blaster specific gameplay: @Sendou , a high level competitive squid, does streams on twitch using blaster.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I don't know too much about blasters, but I'll tell you all I know!

-Get into a rhythm of Swim > Jump > Shoot (then repeat over and over). Not only is this the fastest and most ink - efficient way to move with a blaster, it also makes you a harder target, as opposed to just standing still or walking forward while firing.

-In a close-quarters stituation, you have 3 options:

1) Swim/run away - this is when you're seriously damaged with no chance of winning a fight.

2) Jump around and shoot - only use this in very close quarters situations, because it will make you a harder target, and it's almost impossible not to get a direct hit at this range.

3) Just stand still and shoot - this is useful a little bit farther away from your opponent, especially if they have already damaged you a little bit, but you're not right up in their face. Not jumping means you are more accurate, which means you can get a direct hit, which means you can come out of a bad situation on top.

You need to abuse the fact that blaster shots explode, meaning that you can kill people in 2-3 hits, depending on how far away they are.

Also learn to predict your opponent's movement. This means that if you hit someone with an indirect, you can predict where they'll go and then kill them with another indirect.

In terms of gear, I'd recommend abilities that make you more ink-efficient (main saver, sub saver, and especially ink recovery up), because this thing is veeeeery ink-hungry.

Swim speed is useful for the Swim > Jump > Shoot strategy, and a little run speed never hurt anyone.

Besides that, it's really up to personal preference.

I'd recommend using a high sensitivity for motion controls with the blaster, as it means you can turn around quickly and splat people sneaking up on you.

Good choice picking up the blaster. It has a fairly steep/high learning curve, so don't be worried when things go badly in the first few games. To practise, use it in Turf war first, and then when you feel you're ready, go to ranked (this is where most of the improvement happens).

I think that's all I know about the blasters, but if you have any questions/don't understand anything, feel free to ask me or any of the other lovely people on Squidboards!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Like others said, direct hits are the best. If you're using a rapid blaster, one of my favorite things is using the blast as a form of radar. You can search enemies out by shooting into ink and listening for a DING. I know this is true of all weapons, but the blaster radius is big enough and the range is long enough that it's especially useful for the rapid (and eventually, the rapid pro).

The one shot hit is nice for direct encounters (especially using the regular blaster and the luna), but if you're interested in more range, the rapid blaster can scare people out of their holes and fend them off as well. It can be a very cerebral weapon if you're interested in hunting people down in a way that you can't with other weapons.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
The most important attribute of the blasters is their area of effect on indirect shots. Part of getting really good at blasters is zoning. Zoning is more important for blasters than other weapons, because they have more to gain from zoning. I see a lot of people saying you want to go for direct hits, which is true, but you're never going to hit every shot. Having your enemy zoned properly is what turns misses into indirect hits. It's why having an enemy in your face as a blaster is not a good thing; that enemy has removed the advantage your weapon has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom