Blaster Update will decrease Direct Hit damage.

KLUTZNCUTZ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Klutzncutz
So the 2.2.0 patch notes are now available and from the looks of things blasters will no longer be able to one shot people even if a direct hit occurs. http://splatoon.nintendo.com/assets/media/splatoon-patch-v2-2-0-notes.pdf It clearly states and this copy pasted: Luna Blaster ▼Decreased direct hit damage from 125.0 to 80.0 ▼Set the limit for direct hit damage to 100.0 even with gear that increases damage, Applies to the Blaster, Custom Blaster, Range Blaster, and Custom Range Blaster.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
80.0 is still very powerful and will probably one shot an opponent if they have taken any damage previously (like standing in opposing ink)

Aromaiden

Full Squid
At least they can still one shot if you get a direct and accurate hit along with damage ups.

KLUTZNCUTZ

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Klutzncutz
Actually if my theory is correct the limit is a mathematical limit meaning it is impossible to stack up to it. Meaning it will get to 99.9 percent of one hundred

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Okay, so it's actually the opposite of what we first assumed; it's the splash damage that got capped at 99.9, not the direct hit. That makes a lot more sense.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
i mean, if they're in your ink at all its pretty much still a 1hko from the blast, and will still 2hko. This seems more situational then a huge 'gonna make your life more difficult' type of thing.

I'm so glad it's not the ball getting nerfed, granted luna would be hit the hardest if they nerfed that.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
So basically, this reduces the incentive to stack Damage Up with the Blasters. That's not really a huge change, to be honest.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
So basically, this reduces the incentive to stack Damage Up with the Blasters. That's not really a huge change, to be honest.
Pretty much you won't be seeing Blaster users running a ton of damage ups for easy one hit indirect splats anymore, so blasters are still good just not as annoying to some players anymore and you will actually have to aim for that for that direct hit of you want to one hit splat someone.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Pretty much you won't be seeing Blaster users running a ton of damage ups for easy one hit indirect splats anymore, so blasters are still good just not as annoying to some players anymore and you will actually have to aim for that for that direct hit of you want to one hit splat someone.
This, pretty much. Blasters will still be able to bully the TC tower, pillars, and corners just as well as they ever have, since even now Blasters have to correctly guess their target's exit point to get the 2hko. In open 1v1s, you'll still be going for meatshots whenever possible, and in the chance that you don't get the meatshot, another AoE will be enough to kill them anyway.

So not much will change in Blasterland, I don't think. This change seems to be intended to bring Blasters in line as suppressing weapons, and as someone who likes using Blasters, I'm okay with that.

Luna's still going to be annoying as hell on TC, though.

Box

Pro Squid
Time for everyone to start learning how to use the best blaster.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Not able to watch videos currently and this thread seems better suited than news and features for my question so I'm copying and pasting;

Does anybody know how the blaster splash damage scales post-nerf? For example, the max damage is now 100, but is the min damage also nerfed below what it was (51.2 I believe)? Assuming a 2 shot with splash damage is still a thing, then blasters are fine and people are overreacting. However if it's now a 3 shot at the edge of the radius this is a huge and unnecessary slap in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom