• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Blaster Update will decrease Direct Hit damage.

Nucleose

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KingNucleose
Not able to watch videos currently and this thread seems better suited than news and features for my question so I'm copying and pasting;

Does anybody know how the blaster splash damage scales post-nerf? For example, the max damage is now 100, but is the min damage also nerfed below what it was (51.2 I believe)? Assuming a 2 shot with splash damage is still a thing, then blasters are fine and people are overreacting. However if it's now a 3 shot at the edge of the radius this is a huge and unnecessary slap in the face.
The minimum damage is the same. Who's overreacting? Once the strange wording of the patch notes was clarified by the video everyone pretty much agreed that this nerf isn't really a big deal.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
The minimum damage is the same. Who's overreacting? Once the strange wording of the patch notes was clarified by the video everyone pretty much agreed that this nerf isn't really a big deal.
The post was a direct copy and paste from the news section, where at the time of writing people were saying blasters had become essentially useless and everyone was going to move away from them.

That's really good to know though.

SweetK

Inkling
NNID
SweetKeester
Before watching the video, I thought I would have to either drastically change my Luna game, or change my main completely.
After the video, I'm in Ok shape, I still plan to use a few damage-ups, but not three main abilities.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
I never felt three damage ups was necessary on the Luna (or any Blaster) anyway. Sure, the extra OHKO radius is nice, but the ball still had to explode pretty damn close to the target. You'd also be better-served by running Cold Blooded and some swim speeds, anyway, especially since the Luna needs to close distances as quickly as possible.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
It just prevent near direct hit OHKO so I'm fine with dis.

And damage stacking in this isn't useful anymore neither. But heh

Noise Tank

Full Squid
Even if blasters are losing their cheap ohko's, dmg+ is still useful for countering def up in the same way that .52 gal needs dmg up. Those non-direct hit "ohko's" are still going to be prevalent even after the patch if you're running dmg+, since a lot of the time whoever you're shooting at isn't going to be at 100% health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom